We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sensatori Sharm, might need to change over bad reviews.

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bucks
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Sensatori Sharm, might need to change over bad reviews.

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me?

I am taking my husband and 9 month old baby to Sensatori Sharm for two weeks in September.

Normally we don't do all inclusive as we like to explore and my husband is a foodie and likes to eat out, but on this occasion we thought it would be nice to spend two weeks on the beach and chill together before I have to go back to work.

I am getting increasingly nervous after reading some of the reviews. The main issues I have is the food, as mentioned my husband is a foodie, he is not fussy and will eat most things but he does demand high standard especially for the price we have paid for apparently a 5 * hotel. The other concern is the entertainment, two weeks is a long time to stay in a place with no evening activity,disco, shows etc.

Finally, one of the reasons we choose sensatori is because they offer a nursery facility for the baby, this really appealed to us as it will allow us to have a few hours off.

I would be grateful for honest opinion of this hotel. Alternatively if you can suggest other hotels that fit the bill we might try and change with Thompson.

Thanks

worthing west...
Level Contributor
168 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sensatori Sharm, might need to change over bad reviews.

well i really think you will find all the hotels are pretty much the same,i wouldnt worry too much about the odd poor review cos you wont find 100% anywhere.

I for instance wouldnt go back to the Royal Azure but 99% of people love it.

I cant say about the nursery but can tell you the beach is lovely and very safe as the water is quite shallow for several yards out to sea.

I am sure there is entertainment every night but again in all the hotels, its pretty naff!.

London UK
Level Contributor
174 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sensatori Sharm, might need to change over bad reviews.

We originally booked to go in May but it did not open in time so changed to a date in November. However, like you, I became increasingly worried about the reviews. We are a bit like your husband and love nice food and it just sounded so bad. I wrote to Thomson early on to tell them about this and they made no effort to improve things - did say they sent out a chef from their Crete branch - but little difference has been made. We have cancelled our holiday.

Bucks
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sensatori Sharm, might need to change over bad reviews.

Have you decided on another hotel. I called Thompsons today to discuss but have not had a call back yet.

sussex
Level Contributor
134 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sensatori Sharm, might need to change over bad reviews.

I agree with previous poster, I really would not take the occasional bad reviews to heart enough to change plans. I was booked to go there in feb of this year and had to change to reef oasis blue bay and while it was a great hotel there were some negatives much on par with this hotel I.e main buffet food choices and times of poor service however I enjoyed to hotel enough that I would return. I have booked the senatori for next feb and am not too worried about some of the reviews on here after all there are many very good reviews as well. Remember too that there is always going to be some draw backs to AI food. I have been to many AI hotels 4 and 5 star and while I have good dinning experiences none have been comparable to foodie levels of dinning. It is after all in most hotels mass catering. Nov is still a long time away and the hotel has only been open a couple of months. Take the reviews with a pinch of salt and if there are individual points of concern try emailing the hotel with some questions

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
829 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sensatori Sharm, might need to change over bad reviews.

I think we are at fault when we ask for cheaper & cheaper AI holidays as something has to give. The holiday companies will not lose their profit margin so the quality goes down so we should not complain too much. As I have an apartment in Sharm I do not suffer from low quality buffets, & hear complaints from people in AI hotels I meet. The restaurants in town are suffering from a reduction in customers so the alternative eateries are getting fewer. 12barbluesman

Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sensatori Sharm, might need to change over bad reviews.

I bet all those complaing about the food eat 5* gourmet meals at home?????

Sorry to say alot of people have champagne taste and want it for half of bitter money.The Sensatori is not expensive and the 5* is 5* for Egypt Tourist amenities not the Ritz Carlton, if you want top food and lavish hotels go to Dubai and pay their prices.

Bucks
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sensatori Sharm, might need to change over bad reviews.

"5* gourmet meals at home" I think you miss my point. It is not unresonable to expect hot food with a varied choice and a drink served promptly at meal time. We do not expect fine dinning just good quality food. Also if you read the reviews the majority say the hotel appearence and service is good but the food lets it down. It's a real shame!

Bucks
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sensatori Sharm, might need to change over bad reviews.

We are happy to pay a bit more, but the reason we choice sensatori was there is a nusery facility for the little one. Our other option was the Savoy but no children facilities!

Pontefract, United...
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sensatori Sharm, might need to change over bad reviews.

As i have never been i cannot comment on the quality of food but 85% of the reviews dont seem to have a problem with it !!!! as for getting a drink with your meal what type of drink are they talking about???????.

For consistently good quality food i would never book A/I or a Large Hotel.

However food is never a reason for me to book a hotel Sun/Beach/Clean room/Hot water to shower are ok for me.

We will be at this hotel on the 3rd September and choose what will have a good time.

Kilmaurs, United...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sensatori Sharm, might need to change over bad reviews.

i agree with qatarman you get wot you pay for. we went to royal albatros moderna and some reviews were bad when wegot there we found a lovely hotel a lot more lavish than you will find in europe and the food was nice. as said if you want fine dinning then dont go to a third world country. these people in the hotels work for pennies compared to us

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh