We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places not to miss...

Level Contributor
12 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Places not to miss...

Hi,

Off to Sharm - can you let me know where you thought was great and where we shouldn't miss etc? Trips, Restaurants, Bars etc...

Thanks C x

Scotland
Level Contributor
177 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places not to miss...

Where are you staying in Sharm? If you are heading to Naama, the Camel Bar is great, as is the Indian and Italian restaurants downstairs from them (Pomodoro is the Italian, can't remember the Indian). 2 years ago we visited Luxor for the day and loved it - would have liked to have spent an extra day there if possible, and wasn't as busy or hectic as Cairo. Do some searches on this forum, as that's where I got all my info from and I wasn't disappointed. have a great holiday!

Derbys
Level Contributor
592 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places not to miss...

For me, upstairs at the Camel Bar in Naama Bay and an ice cold bottle of Sakara Gold while people watching on the main street

London, United...
Level Contributor
213 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places not to miss...

Agree with the above^^

Tandoori is the indian restaurant-very nice. Just don't sit too close the the cooking station-very hot!!

Have a great time! x

London, United...
Level Contributor
775 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places not to miss...

Dananeer restaurant in Naama bay is very good for a steak or seafood.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
302 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places not to miss...

go to Dahab and hang out for the day chilling at bedouin style restaurant bars like Meya Meya - maybe combine it with a trip to the Blue Hole.

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
10,005 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places not to miss...

Hi there

Please read the Tips at the top of the messages and the questions in blue down the right hand side of the page. Most of the info you will need is there including recommended restaurants, cafes and bars

Regards

barbarah

Colden, New York
Level Contributor
2,830 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Places not to miss...

We stayed at the Hilton Fayrouz. Restaurants we enjoyed:

Al Dente for Italian. It's on the prom near our hotel. Think it's connected to the Novotel Resort. We had lasgna manzo, penne arabbiata, and minestrone soup. Reasonable prices and tasty food. Plenty of people there when we went.

Fairuz-Lebanese. Na'ama Center on the 2nd floor. We had a table where we could people watch to the street below. We had the mixed grill and chicken shawerma. Homemade breads and tasty spreads. Very good and not too expensive.

Hard Rock Cafe. Na'ama area. Went there to buy souvenir shot glasses for our daughter and decided to stay for dinner. Of course we had the cheeseburger/legendary burger with fries. Really good and not expensive.

Fares-seafood. Old Market town. Taxi round trip was 70LE. We liked this place so much we dined here 2 nights. The food and staff are amazing. First time we had grilled sea bass with lemon. Came with various breads and spreads. Brown rice. Salad of chopped tomatoes and cucumbers. Second time we were greeted and treated like old friends. We ordered the mixed seafood soup-soft shell crab, shrimp, calamari, tiny clams in a milky buttery broth. It was yummy and filling. We also were given a plate of sliced tomatoes, pickles, cucumbers, sliced beets and carrots. Fried pita chips. Salad mix of chopped tomatoes and cucumber. Homemade pita, 3 dipping sauces, aubergine salad and a chick pea salad. 3 soft drinks. All of this for 70LE!! Think we got so much because we were repeat visitors?? We were treated like royalty. Highly recommend this great restaurant. Well worth the taxi fare to get there. Tip: arrive early and browse through the many neat shops in the area.

For ice cream-Movenpick. There was one near our hotel. YUMMY!!!

Things to do:

Husband went scuba diving for the whole day every day except for the day before flying back to Cairo. While he dived I was relaxing on the beach or by our hotel's pool. Our beach area had water sports through Sun 'N Fun-insurance included in all the services. We did a tube ride. It was a lot of fun. They also have banana boat ride, parasailing, water ski, walk board, knee board, wind surfing, sailing, pedalo, sea cruiser, speed boat, glass bottom boat. I did some snorkeling on my own but not much to see in the roped off area you were confined too.

On my husband's last day of diving I went on the boat with him as a snorkeler. Saw such beautiful fish, corals-so much! Wish I had had his UW camera with us but we left it home.

You won't lack for good restaurants/cafes/bars or trips/excursions.

Cleopark-water park

Sun 'N Fun www.sunnfunsinai.com

Boat trips for snorkeling Tiran or Ras Mohammed

Jeep safaris

Quads

Desdert experience-Bedouin dinner, hose/camel ride

If you have the $ and time there's always excursions by air or by boat to Petra/Jordan.

Have fun!

Edited: 04 August 2011, 16:46
Colden, New York
Level Contributor
2,830 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Places not to miss...

Sorry. My link isn't working. Try http://sunsharmtours.com

We did the tube ride with them and had fun. They have gotten mixed reviews over the years. You may want to type in their name here in the search box and read some recent reviews.

Level Contributor
12 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Places not to miss...

Thanks so much for all your great recommendations everyone! We're counting down the days!!! xx

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
10,005 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Places not to miss...

Don't pay 70Les for a taxi from Naama Bay to Fares (well worth visitin) in Old Sharm, it's only 20-25LEs single and that's on the dear side, you can do a deal for a return and they will come back to pick you up . Or get the local council mini buses (plentiful) at 1LE single per person.

Regards

barbarah

Edited: 05 August 2011, 17:29
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh