We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thomas cook no inflight films

sheffield
Level Contributor
299 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
thomas cook no inflight films

im really unhappy because we have booked flights for xmas n new yrs for the 1st time with thomas cook,we normal book this thomsons,but this yr we are going for 3wks and we couldnt book with them for that amount of time,we have found out that thomas cook dont do inflight films any more due to people not buying head phones,we wasnt told this when we booked n on the website it lists all the films for that month,i cant sit for 6hrs with no films,but been told you can rent a psp for £7.50,im so angry becaus e we could have saved over £400 for a fam of 4 n gone with easy jet,so check before you book,we are flying from eastmids n not looking forward to it at all

Solihull
Level Contributor
166 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: thomas cook no inflight films

If it was £400 cheaper why didnt you just go with easyjet in the first place ?

We flew with Thomas Cook and I have to admit it wasnt the best 5 and a half hours of my life

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
675 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thomas cook no inflight films

We are flying with them in October from Manchester, last flight we had with them was very very poor, i'm just waiting for them to charge you to use the loo, we will put up with them this time we saved £1000 on our holiday for the 4 of us booking our flights with them rather than thomson/first choice. They also charged for pillows and blankets when we wanted them for the children. I feel for the cabin crew they are the ones that have to put up with us when TC don't provide adequate service.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
375 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: thomas cook no inflight films

Thomas cook have not had films on their short/medium haul flights since June 2010. Its not something you are "told" on their website but their high street stores would advise you!!

romford
Level Contributor
4,467 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: thomas cook no inflight films

Hi mumsonline (Pat here!)

Just incase you are thinking of booking long haul Premium Upgrade with TC for next year .......... they have also scrapped that service too!

Regards,

Pat

Scotland
Level Contributor
624 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: thomas cook no inflight films

Can't get movies on your smartphone?

sheffield
Level Contributor
299 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: thomas cook no inflight films

i didnt book with easy jet because knew they had no films,and booked with thomas cook thinking they had them,wish i had now but carnt change it n just thinking of the nice 3wks we gonna have in dec

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: thomas cook no inflight films

You paid an extra £400 so you could watch a film?? You could have bought yourself dvd players and films for less!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
591 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: thomas cook no inflight films

Hi

Laptop ? phone ? i-pad ? portable dvd player ?

Ray

Solihull
Level Contributor
166 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: thomas cook no inflight films

Family-Parry - your post says it all

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: thomas cook no inflight films

And Thomson do not have back seat entertainment. Buy a portable DVD player if your desperate to watch films on the plane.

Monarch and easyjet do not have films, and last time I went with Thomson there was no films as the IFE was knackered

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh