We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VCLUB Tiran hotel (ex Louis) warning!

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
shropshire
Level Contributor
262 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
VCLUB Tiran hotel (ex Louis) warning!

I stayed at this hotel sept 2010, for 1 week,had booked ultra all inclusive, but when we arrived, we were told we werent allowed...anyway, food was awful, staff were unprofessional and would not trust some of the staff .........as i experienced.We booked the hotel as we had stayed at the Louis in Larnaca and loved it ...but when we arrived we realised was no longer a Louis, and Louis owner and owner of the hotel had fallen out.bit dissapointing, but we enjoyed our hol despite the let downs, as the hotel looks fab.

was such a shame as the hotel is stunning, amazing rooms, comfy beds,stunning views, and a make up of what could be a high standard 5 star, however its potential has been wasted.

Tonight i decided to have a look at the latest reviews and photos, (which i do sometimes, when i have stayed somewhere)

when i read the last few months of reviews, im left gobsmacked at how a hotel can turn from bad to worse!!!!

so i have gathered from the reviews the V club tiran hotel that was once the Louis hotel and maybe called something inbetween was taken over by Italians in June.

Now i have nothing against Italians, but if you are booking a hotel in egypt for an egyptian experience holiday, then thats what you should get, not an Italian run hotel in egypt that has no english speaking staff, only Italian food,even the time in the hotel has been changed to match Italian real time!!!

People have reviewed that even Italians are able to book sunbeds before they even arrive so they are reserved! i can not believe what i am reading.......

There has apparently been rats in the pools, what people are booking is not what they are getting and they are not being warned about the new owners and rules of the hotel, which i think is apauling when we save hard for our much needed holidays!

The reason i decided to add this , is there are so many hotels in Sharm to choose for (i stayed at the Robb in may,amazing, returninng Nov) and it would be a great shame for someone to book this hotel under false hopes.

For people who want a fantastic egyptian hotel with great food and staff, then avoid this hotel , and if you have a holiday booked here i would get intouch with your booking agency ASAP y to discuss your options at you moving or having a full refund.

I really think people should know about this before arriving in sharm and having no help.

lets hope people dont have to waste there money and end up with a holiday they have paid for that shows them what sharm el sheikh is really like!

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
372 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VCLUB Tiran hotel (ex Louis) warning!

We booked this hotel back in May and started to see the bad reports creeping in. By August I'd seen enough and cancelled it. Am I glad I did!!!

Lets hope the one i've booked lives up to our expectations.

shropshire
Level Contributor
262 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VCLUB Tiran hotel (ex Louis) warning!

hey, i am glad you changed, like i said above the hotel itself as in set up and rooms are amazing, but they have ruined it, where have you booked to go?

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
372 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VCLUB Tiran hotel (ex Louis) warning!

Royal Grand Azure.

Again they were having a rough patch at the end of Ramadan and there were some bad reviews but hopefully this is sorted out now. I'm not changing again!!

Sharm El Sheikh...
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: VCLUB Tiran hotel (ex Louis) warning!

Can anybody find a link to the Tiran Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I have just been looking for it but cant find it listed as a hotel in Sharm! Maybe it's just my computer.

There are 3 hotels with similar names, us (Tiran Island Hotel), The Tiran Hotel and The New Tiran.

The Tiran Hotel seems to have disappeared?

shropshire
Level Contributor
262 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: VCLUB Tiran hotel (ex Louis) warning!

It comes under nabq bay hotels vclub tiran hotel nabq bay, maybe you should google it instead of typin in trip advisor! Are u booked to go?

Sharm El Sheikh...
Level Contributor
179 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: VCLUB Tiran hotel (ex Louis) warning!

No, i work in another hotel. I've found it now but it's very confusing. 6 hotels seem to have been removed from Sharm listings and put under Nabq. All the other hotels in Nabq are still under Sharm!

I wonder if TA will split sharm into areas now.

shropshire
Level Contributor
262 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: VCLUB Tiran hotel (ex Louis) warning!

very strange, which Tiran hotel do you work in? it is such a shame with the Louis tiran, :( could be an amazing hotel!

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
372 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: VCLUB Tiran hotel (ex Louis) warning!

it's an absolute con by TA!!

It seems listing some as Nabq Bay is giving them higher ratings as there are only 11 hotels listed under Nabq.

When we booked this hotel earlier in the year it was definitley rated under Sharm.

uk
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: VCLUB Tiran hotel (ex Louis) warning!

There really does seem to be some confusion here.

The hotel was originally called the Louis Tiran, it then went under the banner of Tower Hotels, it then became the Tiran Sharm (not to be confused with the Tiran Island Hotel - which is not a patch on the Tiran Sharm).

We've stayed at this lovely hotel a number of times but feel it was struggling to find it's own feet and branding.

Has it now changed to an Italian owned company (which is not that unusual in the area)?

The hotel is situated in Nabq - the last hotel on the 'promenade'. When we first started visiting, years ago, we stayed at the RAM (where we still stay and will be there at New Year) and watched the Tiran being built. At the time there seemed to be a lot of new build on this strip of land, which have since never been developed and now host what seem like 'squatters'.

The Tiran was a great place to stay, more 'grown up' and didn't have the huge complex feel of many of the hotels in the area. The staff were lovely and there was always hands-on management.

Perhaps it was a victim of overspend and lack of on-going improvement development - who knows. I feel it is sad that it is now getting such poor reviews, afer such an auspicious start. Maybe it will change hands again and build upon it's original very good reputation.

10. Re: VCLUB Tiran hotel (ex Louis) warning!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 01:21
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh