We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's the mosquitoe situation like in Sharm?

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rickmansworth
7 posts
Save Topic
What's the mosquitoe situation like in Sharm?

i'm going shopping this weekend for sun tan lotion etc, and i suddenly had a thought 'what's it like for mossie's?'out there. can anyone advise please.

ta

Rach :o)

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What's the mosquitoe situation like in Sharm?

there int any mossies over there 2 dry. ps get some antybac hand wash and use it b4 u eat. supper drugs do it !

Rickmansworth
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What's the mosquitoe situation like in Sharm?

many thanks for that vinnie - much appreciated.. :o)

Britain
Level Contributor
141 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's the mosquitoe situation like in Sharm?

Didn't get btten at all. As it is a desert there is no standing fresh water for mossies. As the last post said take some antibac hand gel and use often, especially if you are handling money and you won't get ill.

gosport, hants
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What's the mosquitoe situation like in Sharm?

Sorry, have to disagree. There are mossies in Sharm, my husband was bitten twice in the first day and I killed one in our room on our last day as I had packed the plug-in by then. If you are susceptible to bites then take a plug-in and put repellent on everyday. It's not worth the misery it causes if you are bitten. (I was bitten 5 times this weekend in the garden at home and it was just above freezing! Does anything kill these beasties off?!)

London, United...
Level Contributor
323 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's the mosquitoe situation like in Sharm?

Didn't see a single mossie in February

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,975 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's the mosquitoe situation like in Sharm?

Yes, there were also some there in Nov/Dec, they tend to get into the room when it is being cleaned and the french doors are left open, I always check in the afternoon, and this time found a few, killed them of course, so it's best to check, and why not take a plug in.

Regards

Barbara

nottingham
Level Contributor
356 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What's the mosquitoe situation like in Sharm?

I was in Sharm in October and was bitten to buggery on the first nightso take the necessary precautions!

leicester
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: What's the mosquitoe situation like in Sharm?

i have been twice now once in may 2004 and september 2005 and none of us were bitten never seen a mossie there .

London, United...
Level Contributor
438 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What's the mosquitoe situation like in Sharm?

Hi Rach:o) It's Whazit.We're flying out with 1st choice from Gatwick and staying at the LTI Grand Azure, hope you have a fab time. We've been to Sharm before and it's just great, admittedly last time I was there was 94 but the marine life is out of this world, i've been to Maldives twice and it's about the same, best thing is you don't need to dive either to see some fab fish, pinch some bread from breakfast and take yourself off to sea with it and the fish almost eat out of your hands, beaches fab too, you'll love it.

England
12 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: What's the mosquitoe situation like in Sharm?

Dont worry! There is no mosquitos in Egypt! But my friend did get bitten by something but we dont know what????

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh