We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost and availability of Baby food & Nappies in Naama Bay

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Cost and availability of Baby food & Nappies in Naama Bay

Have never needed to baby shop in Naama Bay before - but this time daughter and her (will be) 7 month old will travelling with us..... What are the supermarkets etc., like for nappies and baby items? Are they similar prices to the UK? Any tips... do's and dont's would most gratefully be appreciated!!! He's a very happy baby - so want to make this easy for my daughter ...... and me !!!!

One tip I've received is using Avian water for bottled milk !!!!

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
302 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost and availability of Baby food & Nappies in Naama Bay

When we travelled to Cyprus with our 8 month old we took nappies with us just to be safe. Also took all milk powder, etc. Used bottled water to make up milk. However, we had an extra infant baggage allowance of 10kg travelling to Cyprus. This year we are going to Egypt and she is 20 months old but flying Easyjet so no baggage allowance for infants. Nappies still required so I think we'll have to pack light to make room for nappies. We are only staying for one week, if you are staying for 2 obviously you would need to take twice as many. You could split them between your luggage.

I'm sure if you email the hotel they will make a microwave available for your use for sterilising bottles. We took plug in bottle warmer and travel size kettle. The hotel let us use the microwave in one of their kitchens to sterilise the bottles each day.

essex
Level Contributor
56 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost and availability of Baby food & Nappies in Naama Bay

Hi Diamondclover,

We are taking our baby of 20 months and have been scouring the forums for advice! A good tip I read was to buy your nappies,milk, etc from 'Boots' once you've passed through to dutyfree, then the weight wont be on your allowance. On a previous holiday I went back to using sterilizing tablets for her bottles when she was younger, just took a plastic jug in the luggage, the solution lasts for 24 hours and you have it in your room the whole time. Another tip was to feed your baby a bottle on landing and take-off so that they're swallowing, apparantly this helps to ease any ear pain they might get.

I hope you have a lovely holiday! We're flying out tomorrow-so excited!

Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost and availability of Baby food & Nappies in Naama Bay

Thanks cladcushch,

All good info ;)))) Especially the takeoff and landing bit !!! We've bought microwavable bags to sterilize in (my how things have improved since my girls were babies lol !!!)...... have a safe trip...... we're not long behind you - down to 2 1/2 weeks now.... !!

4. Re: Cost and availability of Baby food & Nappies in Naama Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2013, 10:20
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh