We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Due to go on Thursday with an infant and im doubting going!

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Due to go on Thursday with an infant and im doubting going!

Hi all

Due to fly out on Thursday and im sitting here thinking should we or shouldnt we?

i know in the past there has been no trouble in sharm whatsoever

But i suppose we cant tell at all if this is still going to be the case.

if it was me and hubby only id think och well be fine we will deal what ever happens but we are taking our wee boy who is 1 year old.

Everyone seems to be so suprised that we are even still considering taking him. Then i think eeek does that make me irresponsible?

At moment we are going, hubby said its up to me and he will support whaever decison! cop out!

blooming heck we went to London to visit friends in August and the riots happened a day later! so nowadays you can be anywhere!

I think i am nervous but then im nervous when a fly buzzes round me!

caroline

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
140 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Due to go on Thursday with an infant and im doubting going!

no trouble in sharm, go and have a great hol. wish i was going

Edited: 21 November 2011, 10:43
Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,398 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Due to go on Thursday with an infant and im doubting going!

We are going in just over 2 weeks - taking our daughter and her 7 month old baby........ I aim to savour every moment of it!!! I know the Country is having trouble right now..... but it's never been a problem in Sharm..... I feel very safe every time I return - safer than in my own town!!! Go and enjoy ;)))))

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Argassi
Level Contributor
4,991 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Due to go on Thursday with an infant and im doubting going!

Last time there was an uprising in Egypt the troubles were so far away no one in sharm even noticed.At the top of the page there is a travel alert with advise and there are no restrictions on travel and only Cairo has any advise regards staying away from the crowds As said Sharm is not affected so go and enjoy yourselves you wont regret it.Enjoy your well deserved family holiday.

Beaconsfield...
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Due to go on Thursday with an infant and im doubting going!

I have a lot of friends who live in Sharm and have regular contact with them on FB and there has been no mention of any trouble affecting Sharm.

South Sinai
Level Contributor
148 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Due to go on Thursday with an infant and im doubting going!

I live in Dahab, an hour north of Sharm, and there is no trouble here whatsoever. All is peaceful and quiet, as always. There likewise is no trouble in Sharm at all. Please don't let the media ruin your trip. Egypt is safe! :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
226 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Due to go on Thursday with an infant and im doubting going!

I say GO!

We went at the beginning of the year to Marsa Alarm during all the riots. We couldnt have felt safer!

If it hadnt been for bbc news 24 on our tv in the room we would have never have known what was going on! We didnt hear or see anything.

Just go and enjoy yourselves.

uk
Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Due to go on Thursday with an infant and im doubting going!

Thank you all

you have put my mind at ease slightly

as i said if it was me and the hubby on own id be at the airport waiting but when have a 1 year old to consider!

will report back!

x

Scotland, UK
Level Contributor
433 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Due to go on Thursday with an infant and im doubting going!

Stop worrying, get packing and go!! We're just back with our wee boy - 3rd time he has been and he loves it.

Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
648 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Due to go on Thursday with an infant and im doubting going!

Came back last week - no trouble and Cairo is nearly 500 miles away!! Its like from here to Ireland...........

Go GO GO.......

SURREY
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Due to go on Thursday with an infant and im doubting going!

cairo is about a 7hr drive away from sharm and this trouble would proberly only affect sharm of they shut the transport going out of cairo cause sharms main supplys come from there and alexandra but this has not happened but trouble in sharm not worry go enjoy ur love it even with ur baby

we were there last christmas when it kicked off and it was only my daughter ringing to ask if i was near the trouble that we knew anything about stuff going on in alexandra

we going again at christmas cant wait

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh