We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe to travel to....?

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Safe to travel to....?

Hi all,

Travelling to Sharm in a couple of weeks. Been looking for news/updates about the current situation in Egypt, nothing seems to be covered outside Tahir Square, so just seeing if anyone has been to Sharm and knows what the mood is like out there or if there have any unreported incidences.

Many thanks,

Keen2go

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe to travel to....?

Nothing has been covered outside tahir square as nothing is happening outside tahir square.

This topic " is it safe" has been covered far too many times in the last week. I suggest you put "safe to travel" in the search box and you will find lots of input from people who have been earlier in the year when there was trouble and some who have just come back and some who are out there now.

As it s your first post ill just give you a suggestion, before starting a new thread, use the search box to see if a subject has been covered a million times already as it can get quite congested sometimes with people asking the same questions over and over.

Beaconsfield...
Level Contributor
1,126 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe to travel to....?

for the 3rd time today ;)

I have friends who live in Sharm and have regular contact I asked them this question yesterday 'how are things over the with all the recent trouble in Cairo I have seen on the news are there any problems in Sharm' and was told that Sharm is almost like being in a bubble they have had no problems there at all at the moment Cairo is quite some distance away as previous posters have stated...I am sure you will have a lovely holiday :)

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,975 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safe to travel to....?

Please check all the questions below yours, there are at least half a dozen asking the same thing. There doesn't appear to be any problems, but who knows what will happen next, it's a decision individuals have to make, check the travel info in red above the messages, it says NO RESTRICTIONS

Regards

barbarah

Swindon, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Safe to travel to....?

My mum traveled to Sharm today and she has just text and all is fine. Im going next thurs and cant wait. Like you i was worried as im taking my kids. We went in March when all the trouble started and had a fantastic holiday and hope to again next week x

Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,410 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safe to travel to....?

I'm also going in 2 weeks...... in touch with Egyptian friends in Naama Bay - who tell me there is nothing to worry about - all quiet in Sharm........ it's like a bit of a bubble - and over 7 hours away from Cairo - so feel reassured .........

6. Re: Safe to travel to....?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 03:15
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh