We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Sharm el Sheikh to Aqaba

Cardiff Wales
Level Contributor
6 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry from Sharm el Sheikh to Aqaba

Is the ferry from Sharm el Sheikh to Aqaba currently operating?

I shall be staying at Sharm el Sheikh and want to visit Petra (Jordan) for 2/3 days. Is it best to go direct from Sharm or take a taxi to Nuweiba or Taba and a ferry to Aqaba from there?

Also any recommendations on travel from Aqaba to Petra would be appreciated.

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry from Sharm el Sheikh to Aqaba

Hi how did you go? We are wanting to do the same - travel from sharm to Aqaba then through wadi rum to Petra. Did you work out the best way to do this?

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,985 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry from Sharm el Sheikh to Aqaba

I've never been aware of a ferry from Sharm, I understand it's from Nuweiba. I was lucky enough to get a flight, it was a while ago. The frries are not very reliable timewise. Petra is really worth a visit

Regards

barbarah

London, England...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry from Sharm el Sheikh to Aqaba

Hi is it a Chartered flight or Aqaba... or a normal flight from Sharm to Amman?? I am planning to do the same but not very clear on the ferry timings.

Toronto
Level Contributor
514 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry from Sharm el Sheikh to Aqaba

When I went from Jordan to Egypt I traveled by ferry via Nueiba. I went through a tour company so it was all arranged for me in advance.

That boat ride was a bit dodgy as in you never knew when it would arrive since only one boat came per day. We arrived at 10am and didn't depart til 5pm.

London, England...
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry from Sharm el Sheikh to Aqaba

Hi All,

Back from a fantastic tour. I didnt take the boat. Booked a 2 day Jerusalem and Petra tour and did this via Taba border crossing itself.

Thanks for all your inputs.

6. Re: Ferry from Sharm el Sheikh to Aqaba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh