We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AMC Airlines

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
178 posts
45 reviews
AMC Airlines

Has anyone flown on AMC Airlines? Is there any IFE? What is the legroom like? Any info appreciated.

Brian

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
208 reviews
1. Re: AMC Airlines

Have a look here

amcairlines.com.

Not flown them personally.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
178 posts
45 reviews
2. Re: AMC Airlines

Website is very sketchy. Not much info, Flying with AMC from Dublin on 26th Jan to Sharm to go on Thomson Red Sea Magic cruise.

Brian

Kent
Destination Expert
for Egypt
Level Contributor
5,884 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: AMC Airlines

You get issued yr peddles at check in lol.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
208 reviews
4. Re: AMC Airlines

The website says they have 4 Boeing 737 800's,each seating 189 passengers.I believe this is the same as Ryanair and Thomson so usual configeration.

The planes have drop down screens,I would imagine this is just for safety demonstration etc.I'd take your own entertainment for the flight just in case.Enjoy your cruise.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
178 posts
45 reviews
5. Re: AMC Airlines

Thanks for your replies. I will post something when I get back.

Brian

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
38 reviews
6. Re: AMC Airlines

Bran....got email saying no duty free or any alcohol whatsoever sold on this flight.....Will be a veerrryyy long flight, LOL... eticket states meal included though I would still rather bring my own.

Thanks Steve, very reassuring :)

We go this Thursday, roll on some sunshine........

Regards

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
19 reviews
7. Re: AMC Airlines

We flew AMC when we did the day trip from Sharm to Cairo and I remember the plane being better than the one we flew Manchester to Sharm on. Plane we were on had the seat back TV's but only had the flight route showing but it was only a short flight so that didn't get too boring.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
178 posts
45 reviews
8. Re: AMC Airlines

Just back yesterday. AMC were ok as far as the flight goes. Drop down screens for the safety drill and then the map updating for the rest of the flight. We got the extra leg room seats going out but is is pot luck as you cannot reserve them. Food was horrendous on both legs.AMC stands for Another Murdered Chicken!

Brian

Kent
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: AMC Airlines

Did you book with AMC direct as I have looked at their website but can't get any information to see if they fly out of Gatwick.

Thanks

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
178 posts
45 reviews
10. Re: AMC Airlines

They are only a chartered company. They fly Dublin to Sharm every Thursday on behalf of Thomsons. Hold luggage is limited to 15Kg per passenger. Their site is not very informative.

Brian

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh