We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson flights

uk
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Thomson flights

I no that Thomson/first choice have stopped the inflight meals but can anyone tell me have they stopped the inflight movie.

UK
Level Contributor
398 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson flights

I understand that there is no entertainment on flight

uk
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson flights

Think I will make sure iPhone is charged and a movie uploaded.

Do you no if they still hire out the psp's 5/6 hour flight is a long time with no entertainment.

UK
Level Contributor
398 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson flights

Sorry don't know about that one, I go in march and can add info then, I am sure someone else will chip in with an answer before then

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson flights

Hi.no ife on short haul.flights anymore,and yes you can hire psps onboard.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
463 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomson flights

No tv or radio now. Food avalilable to buy,chips,sandwiches,etc.

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
771 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomson flights

WOW, when did Thomson become so tight on their flights!! Its a 5.5 hour flight, you would think there would be entertainment and a meal. I had no idea they got so tight, thanks for the update as I go in September.

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomson flights

Thomson got "tight" about the same time as passengers got "tight" and went for whichever flight was cheapest rather than the best so have to make cuts wherever they can with the constantly rising fuel costs.

Feel free to travel Egypt air or BA if you want inclusive drinks, meals, movies and great service. See how much that Costs you if your not "tight"

:-)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,230 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomson flights

Brilliant comment Fanily parry

Thomson are a budget airline, simple as. To keep up with other budget airlines they need to cut costs, in flight meals being one of them. ( god know why, they charge £15 for 2 meals which probably cost £4 from there suppliers, excellent mark up)

england
Level Contributor
3,028 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomson flights

The problem with us was, that we booked a not budget holiday costing aroung £1600 each only to find that there was a change to the flight at the last moment with no in flight meal and no in flight entertainment, both stopped 10 days before our holiday -the previous year going to Minorca we had the in flight entertainment on the way out and having bought the earphones were told that the in flight entertainment stopped while we were on holiday and had to twiddle out thumbs on the way back from Minorca. Dont mind buying a product but at the time of purchase I just need to know what the WHOLE deal is - Thomson sold us one product and delivered another - it just leaves a sour taste in your mouth when we decided against the EasyJet option in favour of the Thomson experience.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,874 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomson flights

Stopping the prebooking of meals and removal of IFE from 1st November 2011 was not last minute and was known about a few months before it happened. Inflight entertainment is never guaranteed and doesn't form part of the contract. Inflight meals would have had to have been prebooked. I didn't think you could prebook them for flights departing from 1st November? but if you did and didn't get one, then you should have had a refund.

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh