We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in March?

London
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
weather in March?

Hi, am going back to Sharm on 16th March for a week staying in Nabq, I have just gone through all the weather sites and looked at weather underground history almanac for these dates last year. I was pleasantly surprised to see how high the temperatures were in the daytime and even more surprised with the temps in the evening. During the day it was saying high 20's - 30's and even late at night it was most days in the low 20's. Can I rely on this history? Also anyone who went around these dates last year could you tell me what you experienced. Many thanks. Jo

Dunfermline
Level Contributor
177 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in March?

I've been before in that time and it's pretty reliable - in fact some days it got up to 37 - however at night it varied - if there was a wind it was cooler - but not as cold as feb/jan. Only gripe is that Egypt didn't put their clocks forward to later than the Brits from what I remember so it still got dark around 6.30 whilst at home it was more like 7.30

Somerset,
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in March?

I went on 17th March one year, the temperatures were warm in the day, you still lose the sun at about 5pm and unheated pools are still cold. We also needed jackets to sit outside in restaurants in Namma Bay of an evening due to the wind - but I think this might vary year on year.

London
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in March?

Yes, I just assumed that a cardie would have been still needed towards end March, but as I say the underground history says differently. Well I will bear this in mind and just keep an eye nearer the time. The weather sites never got it right earlier this month when I went, kept reading highs during the day of 17c - thank god it was a lot hotter than that. Thanks Jo

Morecambe
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in March?

jojo i went for a week last march and it was lovely , i always feel the cold at night but only 1 night did i need my fleece and that was only because it was windy . what hotel are you going to ?

Essex
Level Contributor
523 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in March?

im also going in march and am unsure what to pack, just hope its nice and warm in day to be able to sunbathe.

7 weeks monday, cant wait.

Preston
Level Contributor
80 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: weather in March?

we went at the end of feb begining of march a couple of years ago, the weather is great, hot enough to catch some sun but bareable unlike in july. it does cool down in the evening but not too much.

Nottingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,927 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: weather in March?

Hi Jojojo - we have been March for the last five years and had lovely weather every time high 20s and even low 30s by day and only cool at night if it was windy. Only needed long sleeved top even then - have never even taken a cardigan or fleece with me and sometimes have been end Feb. I notice that weather websites never seem to put correct temperatures anyway eg BBC weather said about 30 and 31 when we were there in early September but it was actually in the high 30s most days.

8. Re: weather in March?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2013, 10:22
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh