We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baron Resort /baron Palms

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
538 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Baron Resort /baron Palms

please can you use the facilities at both hotels especially for the snorkling, i think I fancy the Barron Resort but I cant seem to find many tour people who have this hotel it seems expensive so was hoping to use the ones, a1 travel and travel republic but it does not come up . the barron Palms seems to be advertised on lots ot tour operater sites.

Thank you in advance. Sue

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai
Level Contributor
3,640 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baron Resort /baron Palms

You can't use the facilities of both as such, as in the bars etc but If you are in the Baron Palms you can book the restaurants at the Baron Resort. You have to pay, but you get a small discount - unless this has now changed.

Beach is the same beach so it won't make any difference to snorkelling.

You won't find the Baron Resort on many sites as it is exclusive to Thomas Cook for packages.

We stayed at the Palms but used to use the pool at the Resort to cool off when we were on the beach and nobody noticed or cared. When the tide is low, you can't get in the sea without walking down the pontoon to get to the deep sea so hard to cool off!

england
Level Contributor
538 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baron Resort /baron Palms

Thank you that was helpful which do you think is better I like to think we are young 60 year olds and generally take children 10 to 16. thanks Sue

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai
Level Contributor
3,640 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baron Resort /baron Palms

If it was just the 2 of you i would definitely say the Baron Palms but with children i would say Baron Resort. It's just bigger with more to do. Palms is a bit more exclusive and quiet :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baron Resort /baron Palms

Also looking at both

Suprised you say Palms is more exclusive - I got the impression Resort is far more exclusive hence the price difference. BR is way more espensive than BP and as you say not many operators offer BR. The price difference betwen Thomas Cook as AI and Travel republic and Expedia is huge! Can't understand why its not possible to book seperatly flights and room and get a good deal. Expedia wanted £3500 for AI for a week wothout flights. Thomas Cook same dates with flights £2300!! Incredible!! Shop around

england
Level Contributor
538 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baron Resort /baron Palms

Thank you for all your help just going to see if I can get a good price for either, apart from Christmas I like to try and keep price around 500 to 600 pounds.

Thanks once again

Sue

6. Re: Baron Resort /baron Palms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2013, 10:26
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh