We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nighttime heat - September and October

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
369 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nighttime heat - September and October

Hi, me again!!

Going to book this weekend, and I'm looking at 10 or 11 nights either around 21st September or 6th October.

I don't mind a lovely hot day, but don't want to be too hot and uncomfortable at night - at dinner, watching entertainment, etc.

I've looked at the weather history on Wunderground and notice it is slighly less hot at night in October, as would be expected.

Is there enough of a difference in nighttime temperatures between my two dates for me to justify booking the 6th October date and having to wait longer for my holiday (both near enough same price btw) or should I just book the 21st September date and have a shorter holiday countdown as there won't be much difference in nighttime temperatures?!!

Is there a slight breeze at all??

Thanks.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai
Level Contributor
3,788 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nighttime heat - September and October

We went the last week of Sep and there was a difference between the start and end of the holiday. Neither were too sweaty but it was a lot more comfortable into Oct.

I'd hang on till Oct ;)

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
369 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Nighttime heat - September and October

Thanks lesley150, now I'm just worried about it getting dark too early if I go Oct!!!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,267 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nighttime heat - September and October

Think there would be only a few mins difference in sunset times.

We were there end Sept/beg Oct last year and we found it to be very comfortable. Not too hot and never needed a cardi or wrap.

Had a very slight breeze and was lovely.

4. Re: Nighttime heat - September and October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 June 2013, 10:32
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh