We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson flight

Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Thomson flight

Is it true the Thomson/firstchoice flights no longer have inflight entertainment??

If does this include radio!!

I'm a bit miffed if so as we paid for a premium holiday arguably this should include flights as its almost long haul!

Any comments?

Camborne, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson flight

In a word , YES. No radio either..

Huntingdon, United...
Level Contributor
493 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson flight

Ditto! No entertainment, food only available from a menu (although I did become quite partial to the chicken soup), crammed in like sardines and a 6 hour flight back to Gatwick due to strong head winds!

An experience I hope never to repeat!

hartlepool uk
Level Contributor
1,899 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson flight

Travelled back from Luxor in the worst plane I have ever travelled in . Crammed in, couldn't move, no legroom. No TV radio, just the Crew going up and down selling stuff. This is disgraceful on a nealy 6 hour flight. Had tried to get extra legroom but all booked up.

This size plane ok for Spain at a push but for another 3 hrs They need prosecuting. . Put me off going back,

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
39,376 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson flight

No IFE on short/mid haul flights since November of last year

You can hire PSP's which have a selections of movies and programmes preloaded......They're about £7.50......Thomson have just fallen into line with all other airlines for short/mid haul with not supplying IFE.....you only get IFE on long haul flights consisting of 7 hours or more.

Angie.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,229 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomson flight

No IFE on Thomsons. Monarch still offer IFE on their mid haul (Canary Islands, Cyprus, Egypt, Greek Islands, Turkey, Gambia) and often use a wide bodied aircraft.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
709 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomson flight

worst flight ever

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,031 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomson flight

I am, like others disgusted at this concept. The information I have received from Thomson flight states that check in times are 3 hours for any long haul flights and actually states that anything over 5 hours is considered long haul! So why the lack of entertainment if their own policy considers 5hrs plus long haul?

Looks like we will be taking cards, games, iPods and good old fashioned I spy & the yes and no game! They wonder why people with kids dread these flights - bored kids is a sure way to annoy other passengers! It's a no win for parents & child free passengers alike!

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
39,376 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomson flight

From Thomson website :-

Please note the destinations below are categorised as follows:

Shorthaul destinations: Mainland Spain, Portugal and Madeira, Corsica, the Balearic Islands, and Italy.

Midhaul destinations: Canary Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, Egypt, Greece, Turkey, Malta, Morocco, Tunisia, and Montenegro.

Longhaul destinations: Aruba, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Kenya, Maldives, Mexico, Sri Lanka, and Florida.

Angie.

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomson flight

I do like the way they have short , mid , long haul flights, but only short and long haul aircraft.

Might be an idea for a mid haul aircraft with less room than longhaul but more than short haul for egypt etc.

:-)

Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomson flight

As I said in my previous post we paid for a premium holiday and the fact that the, 'budget' service we are seemingly going to receive is spoiling the build up to our holiday I'm dreading the flight!

Will see how it goes and possibly take this up with first choice when we get back. Especially as we originally booked to go to Taba from birmingham and were contacted in January's to be told there were no flights from birmingham to Taba, so had to change our entire holiday!!

Wish us luck!!

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh