We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson flight

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
38 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Thomson flight

Is it true the Thomson/firstchoice flights no longer have inflight entertainment??

If does this include radio!!

I'm a bit miffed if so as we paid for a premium holiday arguably this should include flights as its almost long haul!

Any comments?

London
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Thomson flight

I know people who take the miniature spirits from home, as long as they are under 100ml, (they take about 3 each = 6) which they are they are allowed, they drink them in the airport lounge with a soft drink from the bars, and take a couple also for the flight and just order a soft drink from the air staff. Can you blame them with the prices, a rip off

Netherton
Level Contributor
549 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Thomson flight

No airline will allow you to drink your own alcohol on a flight this is to try and ensure that people do not end up getting drunk on flights, which is illegal. My view I have saved hard for my holiday I don't mind paying over the odds for a few drinks whilst on the plane as let's face it I have 2 weeks of all inclusive drinking coming up so I should more than cover the cost there. Is it worth having an arguement on the flight if you are caught because you will not win. Buying your own for the airport I can understand but not the flight

Regards Dave and Chell

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Thomson flight

Not quite true, Egypt air who are a dry airline, will give you minatures of Johnnie walker if you have lounge access and you can just get coke on the aircraft the staff onboard all know about this.

:-)

Edited: 21 April 2012, 04:14
Netherton
Level Contributor
549 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Thomson flight

My apologies, wasn't aware of Egypt Air's position on this matter, may therefore be true for all the non alcohol supplying airlines. It is true for the vast majority of airlines though and I think without exception true for all UK carriers

Regards Dave and Chell

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Thomson flight

No need for appologies I think what you say is probably correct, they just bend the rules a little for frequent flyers on Egypt air! :-)

London
Level Contributor
627 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Thomson flight

I always buy the overpriced alcohol at the airport and on flights. Im scared of flying and like to drink as much G&T as I can get down my neck. I might try to bring some miniatures next time.

I have to disagree with the idea that airlines don't allow you to bring your own alcohol to stop people from getting drunk, it's more likely so they can make as much money as they can.

Netherton
Level Contributor
549 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Thomson flight

The biggest factor is probably to make money but do not forget it is illegal to be drunk an airplane. If someone on the flight decides to go over board and they end up diverting to an alternative airport to offload, everyone is inconvenienced and the passenger offloaded may possibly have a legal bill and fine running into the tens of thousands. Believe me 1st thing I do once through passport control is get in the bar for a couple of pints and I will drink my way through the flight so I am not trying to preach that it is wrong to drink but please be careful

Regards Dave and Chell

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Thomson flight

We normally buy a couple of bottle of wine each on the outward flight. Yes, a bit pricey but we are on our holidays! Coming home, I am not usually bothered having consumed my fair share of alcohol during my vacation:)

I can remember the halcyon days when soft drinks were free on charter flights. Long gone now!

London, United...
Level Contributor
226 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Thomson flight

Guys the crew wont allow you to drink your own alcohol on the flights because we cant monitor how much you are drinking. Its all to do with safety on board and god forbid if something happened to you on the flight and you had to be given medication by either the crew or if you are taken to hospital then how are we supposed to know how much you have consumed?

Its nothing to do with trying to suck as much money out of you as possible!!

Also most cases of disruptive passengers on flights is down to alcohol, if they crew think you have had enough they will stop selling it to you.

If you don't like the prices then im sure you can hold on for 5 odd hours without having an alcoholic drink!

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Thomson flight

If you don't like the prices just hold on 5 hours........

-------------------------------------------------------

Nice attitude.

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh