We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RAM travel republic/youtravel concern

Liverpool
Level Contributor
717 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
RAM travel republic/youtravel concern

Hi

I have booked to go to the RAM in april my booking is with travel republic and they use youtravel as the hotel provider.My friends have raised concerns that when they arrived at the RAM there hotel provider youtravel had not payed for their rooms so they were not allowed their room allocation until they paid the hotel themselves or youtravel paid the hotel after 3 hours in reception they decided to pay the hotel on their credit card.As I payed my holiday in full 12 weeks ago I have concerns that on arrival I may be asked to pay for my room again I have contacted travel republic and they are not aware of this situation with youtravel but insist they will investigate this.If anyone else has had similar experience I would be interested to know the outcome also if anyone is travelling with the companies I have mentioned I suggest you check this out any info would be great .

thanks

Steigenberger Alcazar
Steigenberger Alcazar
#1 of 33 hotels in Nabq Bay
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
#2 of 232 hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Sol Y Mar Naama Bay
Sol Y Mar Naama Bay
#6 of 232 hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Hamburg, Germany
Level Contributor
34 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RAM travel republic/youtravel concern

Why don't you just call the hotel to make sure?

Morecambe
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RAM travel republic/youtravel concern

We always book with travel republic and we have never had any problems , although this did happen to my daughter once , e mail the hotel to make sure they have ur booking ..... grm@royalalbatros.com

Liverpool
Level Contributor
717 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RAM travel republic/youtravel concern

ok thanks will e-mail hotel to give peace of mind

Morecambe
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RAM travel republic/youtravel concern

It was imperial travel who messed my daughters holiday up !

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
10,008 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RAM travel republic/youtravel concern

I've used Youtravel - but not to this hotel - and everything was fine, no problems

Regards

barbarah

Liverpool
Level Contributor
717 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RAM travel republic/youtravel concern

seems problem is only with the RAM and them demanding payment

Morecambe
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: RAM travel republic/youtravel concern

From what we worked out it had Nothing to do with the hotel , it was imperial travel saying they had rooms in the ram when they didnt then last min telling customers they can move them to a cheaper hotel . we found out about this problem the day before my daughter was due to go so we rang the hotel and spoke to the manager and he told me to send my daughter as normal and he would wait for the payment , he couldnt do enough to help .

uk
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: RAM travel republic/youtravel concern

Have they not issued you with a hotel voucher which you hand in at hotel reception when you arrive? This confirms the rooms have been booked for you. Similarly, you should have a transfer voucher as well.

Regards

9. Re: RAM travel republic/youtravel concern

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2012, 15:55
Liverpool
Level Contributor
717 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: RAM travel republic/youtravel concern

if you insist that you booked with travel republic they will book you rooms direct with hotel as you travel lost contract with RAM march this year same thing happened to us but we refused other hotel offered and we were very pushy with travel republic so they honoured our original booking and we all had great time in RAM hope this helps.