We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

avon so soft

west midlands
Level Contributor
329 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
avon so soft

Hi all,

When i was planning my holiday to Egypt a few years ago you were so helpfull and with holidays ive had since then (not Egypt) this forum always seems to answer any questions i have so to start off with i thankyou all.

here we go...

I have used avon green skin so soft oil spray to keep away all mozzies does anybody know if this still works or have they changed anything to stop this from working

Many thanks

Carron

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,351 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: avon so soft

You might like to read the replies I received in regard to flies!

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g294205-i9426-k…

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
3,096 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: avon so soft

My hubby uses it and it works for him, I tend to use the spray (silver can) from Boots which contains deet.

West Country
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: avon so soft

If it works for you then thats fine but it doesn't work for everyone. Some people just seem to attract more insects than others regardless of what protection they use.

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: avon so soft

SWmuse - yes my daughter is one of those who attracts the insects no matter what we try. Will be using our trusty can of OFF purchased in Sharm again which seemed to work better than most for us.

newcastle UK
Level Contributor
70 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: avon so soft

I have just come back from sharm, used avon skin so soft as usuall and not one single bite, my friend the same, many moons ago before skin so soft, it was a race to see who got the fewest bites, it also leaves your skin soft after a hard day sunbathing, when we were in australia we were told by a doctor and have also read stuff since that deet can be dangerous esp to kids and the more mature if used on a regular basis eg 2 or 3 2 week hols a year and used daily , the build up in your system 'could' have side effects. I'd rather be safe than sorry, iff it can kill a disease riddn mozzie I dont really want it soaking into my skin but thats my personal opinion ;)

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
369 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: avon so soft

Just in case anyone is interested, Avon Skin So Soft Dry Oil Body Spray Original is currently half price on the Avon UK website (£2.60 for 150ml):

avonshop.co.uk/product/…

Even with delivery charge, it still works out cheaper than buying off Amazon with free delivery.

Caroline.

Edited: 21 March 2012, 13:16
La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: avon so soft

Thanks Caroline

That is useful. As well as fending off mozzies, this stuff is good for keeping your tan and keeping skin soft all year round. Will stock up!

8. Re: avon so soft

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 13:15
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh