We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nabq Bay/Sharm

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Nabq Bay/Sharm

Hi Im thinking of booking a holiday to Egypt as my son is keen to experience the snorkelling. I will be taking my two sons as a single mum and wondered if anyone could recommend anywhere as I dont want to feel intimidated and limit the chances of tummy bugs etc. Also where is the best & safest snorkelling? Thanks

bristol
Level Contributor
135 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nabq Bay/Sharm

Hello there.

On my trips to Sharm i found the best snorkelling from a hotel were the ones in Sharks Bay. All the dive boats from Naama Bay go there and the reef is close to the coastline. Most of the decent hotels have lifeguards now and snorkelling is pretty safe. Choose the highest star rating you can afford and drink plenty of water. Check out hotels on tripadviser some great tips also.

Bucharest, Romania
Destination Expert
for Seychelles
Level Contributor
5,780 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nabq Bay/Sharm

Just returned from Sharm this week. We stayed at Renaissance Golden View Beach which has as a motto "Discover the reef". Great experience we had on the edge of the reef. Almost like in Maldives. Only the turtles were missing. Also we tried the private beach of El Fanar. It was better than Renaissance reef because the reef is larger and we spotted clown and Napoleon fish.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nabq Bay/Sharm

Thank you, thats really helpful.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nabq Bay/Sharm

thank you, thats really helpful

Leeds, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nabq Bay/Sharm

Hello

We have been to Nabq bay twice and returning again in July. We have stayed in the Coral sea resort, the AA Amwaj resort and going to the Sharm Grand Plaza next. The hotels all have jettys to snorkel from with lifeguards present. You can also see the fish from the jetty as some of the water is shallow. Its a beautiful place however, we have had tummy upsets which we were told were due to the heat and air con not the food -we believe this to be right cos not all of us got them and we all ate more or less the same. If you do get upset tums do not use imodium go to the chemist there and get their medicine it goes within hours - imodium does not work. Hope you have a great time... Enjoy

uk
Level Contributor
410 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nabq Bay/Sharm

I would recomend club magic life nabq bay. They also use bottled water for cooking etc. The tummy bug is very common no matter were you go in egypt. Apparently it can be the water, food, touching dirty money etc. I have got it each time in Egypt. Had it on a 5 star cruise, 3 star hotel and 5 star hotel so its just luck

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nabq Bay/Sharm

We always use the El Fanar beach in the Um El Sid area of Sharm. IMO it is (one of) the best beaches in Sharm for snorkelling and diving from the jetty or straight into the sea. Read my review on this beach. We stayed nearby at the Aqua Blu hotel which has its own water park which is fantastic and which your kids would love I am sure( over 40 slides/rides for adults and kids).

Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Nabq Bay/Sharm

Hi

I'm a single mum & have been taking my son on holiday on my own since he was 1 year old. We've now done Egypt four times & absolutely love it!!! I can honestly say I've always felt very safe as they love the English.

We stayed at sharm grand plaza resort in Nabq bay last August & had a whale of a time. My son is now 13 & joined in everything the animation team organised (lower pool near the beach) & they even arranged a swimming gala at his request as he's a competition swimmer. The snorkelling from the hotel beach was amazing!!! I can assure you you're kids will love it!!!

To avoid tummy bugs don't eat any fish, don't let your kids touch the money as its filthy & get into the habit of using hand sanitising gel before you eat etc or after you've touched anything & you'll be fine. If you do get poorly don't use any medications from England..go straight to the chemist & you can buy stuff over the counter that works really quickly. Drink plenty of water & you can top up the kids with sports drinks such as lucazade which you can buy at the supermarkets. They'll help replace the salts that they sweat out (if they're like my son they won't be sat still on a sun bed lol). Another thing we always do is start taking a probiotic tablet each day for a month before we go & then whilst we're there...just helps build up your body's own defences along with your vaccinations.

Hope I haven't rattled on too much lol x

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nabq Bay/Sharm

thank you very much, thats really helpful

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews