We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just back!! :'(

co. durham
Level Contributor
87 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
just back!! :'(

Just got back yest from Dreams Beach if any questions??? Did a few trips also... Ask away...!!

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: just back!! :'(

Im staying at Dreams Vacation, fly out in 7 days. I hope its still as good as it was :-)

co. durham
Level Contributor
87 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: just back!! :'(

It looked nice. We went over a couple times on the taf taf! Weather was 44°C at the weekend and 33°C at 11:30pm so enjoy!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
132 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: just back!! :'(

hi

how was the flight did your oh have enough leg room? my hubby is only 5 11" but still as trouble getting comfy on some of these planes, we go on sunday cant wait now last day in work woo hoo!

co. durham
Level Contributor
87 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: just back!! :'(

Flew with thomas cook... I'm 5'5" and departing wasn't too bad, return had no space unfortunately. I booked an exit seat for husband as he's 6'5" and my 4 yr old and I sat behind... I'd really advise u go online and look it cost £7.50 each way/ seat. The cabin crew also stated on the return that IFE was on again on the SSH route and 3 movies were shown.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: just back!! :'(

Hi We fly from Newcaslte (thomas Cook) to dreams Beach on July 18th - have a few questions :

What was room size like we are 2 adults and a 14yr old - Can you recommend a block to ask for ?

How were the Mozzies ? We are taking allsorts to prevent bites is it necessary ?

is there a money exchange in the hotel - we are planning to take sterling and we have dollar bills for tips

Did you tip ? what would you recommend ?

What trips didi you do ?

Do you have any general adivce regarding the hotel ?

sorry for so many questions but its good to find someone who has been to the same place :-)

co. durham
Level Contributor
87 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: just back!! :'(

Ask for upper floor mainly due to ants! We were i. 2414, block 24 it had a beautiful sea view 1 min walk to the pool which u could also see but not much noise and was 2 min from reception and main restaurant. I had a plug in mossie

thing and used the original source citron shampoo and shower gel, repel spray and was bitten once. Mossie man was out at dusk spraying all over. The rooms were a decent size, not the cleanest so nicked the dettol off the trolley on a night when we had a bad tummy - please dont let this.put u off. The staff are fantastic especially round the pool. Ramy and Mohammed were amazing. We had drinks left before we'd finished and before we put toeels down. In my experience when u go abroad you get change £1 is about 10 LE and I found that although they appreciated the £1's i gave at 1st I found it a bit stupid cos smaller LE notes are available and I had no probs getting them. Whereas the staff had to find people willing to change euros, dollars and pounds, which I did on numerous occasions. Book to go to Pergola (selected nights) beautiful food - A/I. Asia housean Mexican was ok at extra charge. Anything else just ask.

co. durham
Level Contributor
87 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: just back!! :'(

Went on stargazing, dolphins and glass bottom boat via speedboat to naama bay. Husband did a try dive. Use Tasnem trips based at the hotel.. Particularly mahmoud, less than 1/2 price of thomas cook an a rep came on all with us to ensure best seats, service etc. Pharoah dive school is based at dreams and on the beach. Use the elevator near butterfly spa as the walk back up from tge beach kills you in the heat.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: just back!! :'(

Thanks for your quick reply - Sounds like you had a great time !!! Can't wait for our hols now - Its good to hear from people who have actually been to a place :-)

co. durham
Level Contributor
87 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: just back!! :'(

Ask for upper floor mainly due to ants! We were i. 2414, block 24 it had a beautiful sea view 1 min walk to the pool which u could also see but not much noise and was 2 min from reception and main restaurant. I had a plug in mossie

thing and used the original source citron shampoo and shower gel, repel spray and was bitten once. Mossie man was out at dusk spraying all over. The rooms were a decent size, not the cleanest so nicked the dettol off the trolley on a night when we had a bad tummy - please dont let this.put u off. The staff are fantastic especially round the pool. Ramy and Mohammed were amazing. We had drinks left before we'd finished and before we put toeels down. In my experience when u go abroad you get change £1 is about 10 LE and I found that although they appreciated the £1's i gave at 1st I found it a bit stupid cos smaller LE notes are available and I had no probs getting them. Whereas the staff had to find people willing to change euros, dollars and pounds, which I did on numerous occasions. Book to go to Pergola (selected nights) beautiful food - A/I. Asia housean Mexican was ok at extra charge. Anything else just ask.

London, United...
Level Contributor
613 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: just back!! :'(

So definitely no need for a cardi at night in June?!! I went in April last time and it turned a bit chilly around midnight.