We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking euros

Level Contributor
33 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Taking euros

We have some euros left from a previous holiday and was thinking about taking these to sharm instead of having to change them back to sterling then into Egyptian pounds as we lose a lot on the exchange, has anybody had any experience on changing euros out there?

Bolton, United...
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking euros

Whilst not having had experience in Sharm el Sheikh, I've had Euros and US Dollars given to me as change by duty free outlets, whilst enroute to Cairo.

As I'd get a much worse exchange rate if I was to bring them home and change them in the UK than would be the case for converting them into Egyptian Pounds, I've always elected for the latter annd I've never had any problems.

Level Contributor
2,523 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking euros

think most places take euros now but u might get acught out with exchange rates might be best to stick with just english and egyptian currenies just a thought

3. Re: Taking euros

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2013, 20:17
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor