We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

iberotel ll mercato

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
iberotel ll mercato

This was a late booking for myself husband and two grownup sons.

Arrived at the hotel 13th october this year and noticed the area was somewhat lacking in our usual expectations.

Walked into the lobby area which appears very nice.

Allocated rooms hundreds of yards away from hotel overlooking a baron track .

small rooms which smelt of smoke which had not been cleaned properly and bins not emptied.

stairs to room where not lit and quite dangerous.

Immediately returned to reception to ask for a change of room /upgrade ,this was arranged at a cost of £240 .

These rooms where in the main hotel but no cleaner then the standard rooms and only slightly larger.and having twin beds.

Upon walking through the hotel you start to notice the dirt , used plates and glasses left in corridors and outside rooms for hours on end.

General lack of cleanliness with a buildup of grime in many areas and especially the glass windows with hand marks all over them.

Insufficient seating in the dinning area having to wait for tables to be cleared and laid ,dirty cutlery and food on the floor (amazed no one fell over) .

The food choice and quality was very poor .

we are in no way picky eaters and having been to Egypt several times but we struggled to find anything palatable on offer at any time.

Bar area used plastic glasses at night which had seen better days and drinks were very limited.

Pool area very unsafe due to plastic grids round pool damaged and coming away and too many sunbeds crammed together around pool edge..

Quest relations are of no use whatsoever and only put us in touch with the third assistant front of office manager who was completely out of his depth and unable to resolve any issues.

Fortunately the holiday company rep managed to secure a meeting for us with the general manager.

Now the general manager of this hotel is one of the only two positives points about it, the other being the exit.

The general manager new that nothing he could of offered us would make for a pleasant stay at this hotel.

He personally arranged for us to be transferred immediately to another hotel where he used to be general manager ..

A member of his staff took us in the gms car with a bottle of champagne and with his sincere apologies.

The room upgrade was refunded and from then on we had a wonderful holiday.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
462 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: iberotel ll mercato

Im amazed and dissapointed to say the least, I have booked to go here on 25 nov after spending hours upon hours reading reviews this was one hotel that had constant good, if not excellent, reviews about the standard of food especially.

What hotel were you transfered to?

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: iberotel ll mercato

Funny you should say that I too spend hours on end looking at reviews on hotels before I book a hotel and yes I admit the reviews on the Mercato were great,thats why we booked it, (its the first time I had got it wrong with this hotel )we could not understand why the reviews were mostly good? we did speak to folk at the hotel and most say it was their first time in Egypt so really they had nothing to compare too.

We are not snobs or picky but i can assure you we paid more for this hotel then in our past visits to Egypt and expected the hotel and food to be at least on par with the two other hotels we have stayed in .

We did hear others moaning that the hotel was no way a 5star ,

And the day we left there was others who were leaving to transfer hotels.

we transferred to the jaz mirabel which was fab ( we have booked this hotel for two weeks this morning for next year ) thats how great it was.

And reading the reviews on this hotel are not all positive.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
462 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: iberotel ll mercato

Well it seems (having read reviews from the past week) that it has gone downhill somewhat! The food reviews were all good whereas the rooms were a bit hit and miss, hence I emailed the hotel directly expressing my concerns. They assured me I had picked a nice superior room in the main building close to all the hotel facilities. Hmmm, let's see.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
478 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: iberotel ll mercato

We also have booked to stay here from 26 november and like Rootsneeddoin we looked very carefully at the reviews and thought this place consistently scored well. It seems it is not 5* as we know it but at the price should we be really surprised ! I too have been in touch with the hotel confirming we have a deluxe in the main building and I have to say my contact with them by e mail leaves me with the impression of a good standard of service. Lets hope that is exactly what we get when we get there, I've got no reason to think it won't be !

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
462 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: iberotel ll mercato

I too dont it expect it to be 5* at £20 a night AI.

To put things in to prespective £20 will be buy my partner and I maybe 2 - 3 rounds of drinks in England.

Iv just been back on the reviews for the hotel and I amazed by some of the sh** some people write - I quote:

''Also being right next to the Mosque's you are rudely awakened by their prayers being loudly called out over daily over loud speaker starting at 4am (yes 4am in the night) and then a further 4x more that during the day every day. On a Friday it is a nightmare as it is like a sing off between the Mosque for hours on end''.

DID THEY NOT REALISE EGYPT IS A MUSLIM COUNTY!?

6. Re: iberotel ll mercato

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2013, 10:15