We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jaz mirabel beach...confused

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
swansea
Level Contributor
127 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
jaz mirabel beach...confused

hi going to jmb feb 11th 2012. taking my daughter and her friend. we have . booked 2 rooms. have visited sharm on a few occasions for winter sun. never had a problem with food/drink/rooms but we are easy to please as thats all we wnt to do is chill for a week in the sun and end the night with a few drinks. i cannot believe the difference in views/opionions about this hotel . some love it , some loath it. whats going on people. how can there be such a difference in peoples comments.

anybody got anything to add to what i have already looked at on ta would be much appreciated

Brighton uk
Level Contributor
34 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jaz mirabel beach...confused

Hello, so glad you posted this as i am thinking the same.

We went jan 2011 and because it was so wonderful we are returning here in march 2013 and we never go back to a place twice usually.

Some of the reviews just seem so far fetched to me that i normally look at how long they have been a member on here or how many reviews they have previously posted, and the bulk if the really bad reviews are from members with none or 1 previous review... I understand they could still be genuine but i tend to take more note if reviews where the poster has more history on trip adviser

Obviously i hope the negs are being dramatised but when you see numerous reviews highlighting the same problems - service, rooms, food it does worry me.

When we visited the service was a little slow in certain areas but the hotel was really clean, staff happy, and rooms cleaned to a super high standard...

I plan to keep watching over the next few months and if this continues i will contact the jaz hotel direct and raise my concerns before i travel..

Level Contributor
67 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jaz mirabel beach...confused

Personally I think it is decent enough hotel if u planning to stay for week.Nice beach,plenty of food,friendly staff.Can't comment on family restaurant,because had all my meals un adult restaurant.Service was good and very good veraety of food.Rooms a bit dated but as I said before it is ok for week.Wasn't really impressed with entertainment eather.Plenty of things to do outside hotel-shops,bars and restaurants are all with walking distance.Wich us also big plus.because a lot of hotels in Sharm are middle of nowhere.Don't worry about negative rewevs.Ofcourse it is not the best hotel in Sharm,but it is decent enough.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jaz mirabel beach...confused

I am a long time member of Trip Advisor. I have been Sharm staying at Coral Sea Resort, Holiday Village and now JMB. I have also stayed in Dahab. I have been many other places throughout Europe and Africa. I am being totally honest when I say this hotel is very poor. There are issues and I have written to Thomson to complain. Please read my honest review. I had to even wash my own plate one night using the hot water tap near the coffee machine because no other plates available and the only 1 left had food stuck to it. I would not call myself a fussy person and expect niggles when on holiday. I was totally disgusted with this place. I did complain the Guest Relations, Jodi who did state they had staffing problems. By the way. I have NEVER complained on holiday in my life nor felt I had to complain on my return. You will see the reviews are mostly detailing the same issues. I am not lying and would be happy to provide my phone number for you to call me. Unless Thomson get this hotel sorted out I would avoid it.

Rugby
Destination Expert
for Ibiza
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: jaz mirabel beach...confused

We have been three times, and are going again next March. Unless the hotel has deteriorated badly since earlier this year, we didn't experience any of the problems mentioned. I just think you have to be realistic with any hotel in Sharm. They are not 5 star European standards. The rooms are all cleaned by men and I do think they can miss certain things (sorry guys!) but the weather is fantastic. Service in the dining room can be less than perfect at times but not enough to put us off, and the weather is fantastic. Can you see where I am going with this? I can put up with minor (to me) imperfections, because the trade off is the weather. If you just want a chill out week where you never have to fight for a sunbed, then this hotel is good enough. A week is long enough though, otherwise I think I'd start going a bit stir crazy. I think you'd have to pay considerably more to get better, and I'm not prepared to do that for what is not my main holiday. Even then, nothing is perfect if you read the reviews.

Brighton uk
Level Contributor
34 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: jaz mirabel beach...confused

We too are returning next march because we had such a good time.

Some people have very high expectations and almost expect it to be a 5star british standard which is silly of course, and i do wonder how many if these negative reviews actually brought the issues up with the staff while at the resort to at least attempt to put things right....

We are still looking forward to going for the weather, the peace, and the relaxation. If i come across anything that is upsetting my holiday i will be expecting it sorted while i am thete..

6. Re: jaz mirabel beach...confused

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 18:19
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh