We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberotel il Mercato

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Iberotel il Mercato

Hi All,

Never been to Sharm before and I'm about to book 10 days at the Iberotel il Mercato for next february. This hotel gets great reviews on Tripadvisor and I have based my research on reading these reviews. Has anyone stayed here? Also what is the weather like in February? Thanks

Sharm El Sheikh...
Level Contributor
220 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberotel il Mercato

Hi,

I've not stayed at that hotel before, but Iberotel are a very good chain of hotels and generally are a safe option.

The hotel itself is in a great location. It is not beach front, although 10 mins walk and you can be at a beach, but in the heart of Il Mercato shopping centre. Plenty of shops/restaurants/cafes to choose from if like to wander around in the evening. Come out of your hotel, turn right and walk to the end of the road. Just up the stairs above the supermarket and pharmacy is Fares - this is the best seafood restaurant in Sharm. A must try.

February is the tail end of winter as it starts to heat up again here. You will find day time temps should be in the late twenties, possible even thirties towards the end of Feb. Nights will be still cool so bring some warmer clothes too. Unheated pools would be cold and the sea also cool but swimable.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberotel il Mercato

Thanks Sharmer,

Maybe I should have a rethink. I havn't actually booked anything yet and will be going all inclusive, so I'm not that interested in shops or restaurants outside of the resort. Maybe I should be looking for beachfront hotels. Can you please recommend any?

Accrington, United...
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iberotel il Mercato

Hi, we stayed at the Reef Oasis Senses Resort in Sept. This trip was our 7th trip to Sharm on our first hotel where we left we didn't need to leave the resort.

As post no.1 says in Feb it's lovely by day but cool by night still.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iberotel il Mercato

Thanks Nichola. I'll check that hotel out. I'm a solo traveller and so want to avoid the half term break. In view of the comments about the weather I might delay untill late Feb or early March instead of early Feb. Thanks for the tip

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
633 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iberotel il Mercato

mark, just before you give up on the il mercato hotel, remember they put on free buses to two different beaches everyday, one of which has all inclusive food and drink.

i have booked 2 weeks myself for feb, and dont forget the hotel has heated pools,

i took the time to take a look around the hotel when i was in sharm in july and it is very impressive. cant wait to get there now.

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iberotel il Mercato

I have stayed in the Iberotel Il Mercato and we really enjoyed our stay there. To be honest I booked as it was a good deal at the time but I had already looked round it on a previous visit to Sharm and liked it. The standard of rooms is good and we enjoyed the food. Good staff and helpful service too.

The hotel is not by the beach but has some nice pools and there is transport to the beach every day, only 5 - 10 mins away. It is also near to El Fanar beach which we always use which is lovely and fantastic for snorkelling.

The hotel is in the Il Mercato shopping centre which has a number of shops though some have closed down in recent times. It's in the Hadaba area where we always stay and there are lots of restaurants and bars in the. area also . It's also near the Aqua Blu water park if that's your thing and near to Fantasia which is worth a visit for an evening out.

Iberotel Il Mercato is about 10 mins in a taxi from Na'ama Bay nightlife and shops and also not far from the Old Market . We often walk to the Old Market in the evening for a wander round and a drink. As others have said, February is fine in the day but just a little cool in the evening when you would need a jumper or light jacket. When we went last winter, Il Mercato had a heated pool which was nice but we swam in the sea also.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Iberotel il Mercato

Thanks Todder. Thats great info. I've narrowed my search down to this hotel or the Beach Albatross which also gets very good reviews. When are you going in February? I'm looking at possibly the 4th as I want to avoid half-term.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Iberotel il Mercato

Thanks roller girl I really appreciate the advice. Its either the Iberotel or the Beach Albatross which both get really good reviews

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,409 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Iberotel il Mercato

Mark, my OH is at the Iberotel Il Mercarto right now (lucky him!!).

He is staying half board and he said the food is fabulous and although he is only in a basic promo room, for the price he paid he is very impressed!

He has spent time by the pool and at the reef beach and the 2nd beach is the sandy "Sharm El Maya" bay by the Old Market.

He said he would happily return to this hotel. He's taken loads of photos (on my orders lol!) so give it 10 days or so and his review and photos will be on TA.

I usually prefer to stay right on the beach front as I am a keen snorkeler, but as RollerGirl said, being just up the road from El Fanar, this hotel has a lot of plus points!

Good luck in your choice!

MM.

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Iberotel il Mercato

Hi MM

Glad your OH is enjoying it at the Il Mercato, shame you are not there with him! I really liked the hotel and the promo rooms which are good value are a great deal. I would return definitely, in fact we are thinking we may make a late booking for Christmas,

I know what you mean about beach front as we are keen divers and snorkellers also and we used the Sharm El Maya beach used by this hotel but we really like the El Fanar beach and used to go there instead as the snorkelling is good here.

RG

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh