We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Gems

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
264 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Gems

This company seem to be offering the cheapest holidays to Sharm that i can find, has anyone booked with them before ?

Sharm El Sheikh...
Level Contributor
220 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Gems

Never heard of them, but it's your end point that is the most important. If you are happy with what they offer and the price then go with it.

Kent England
Level Contributor
64 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Gems

Hi

YES, booked TWICE this year with Holiday gems (Sharm and Turkey)- all absolutely fine - transport at airport both times and encountered no problems with this company at all.

I am going back to Sharm next year but found booking an Easyjet flight and hotel with them directly has proved cheaper than Holiday Gems for next year so far.

Hope this helps.

Nottingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,827 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Gems

Booked a Majorca extended family trip this June. Good prices but had a few issues with the details on the paperwork (we booked by phone) so had a few anxious moments when it became obvious they had booked part of the party into a hotel with a similar sounding name and then when that was sorted we got the transfer vouchers to find the party had been split and were with two different transfer companies. All got sorted in the end and we all had a fab holiday. Would use them again but will be checking very carefully all the paperwork they send.

Kidderminster...
Level Contributor
381 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Gems

We booked with them. Never again! Price went up the day after booking and we cancelled.

Also found they put a loading of £18 per case to travel with Easyjet. Booking agent could't explain why.

One other thing if they dont phone you back then you are required to phone them. Check the call charges.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
204 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Gems

Ok.. So I have just booked my holiday with Holiday Gems for the first time.. Like jenandrich I was told the next day that the price had gone up of the airline but they did offer to give free baggage each which would have set us back £48 as flying with Thomson..

Upon looking around it was still the cheapest so went ahead with the booking.. I have been sent through the E-Tickets for Thomson as well as the Hotel voucher however I had not been sent my transfer voucher called up to query this and was told I would get it through.. still didn't recieve anything so called up and spoke to someone who stated she would get the agent who dealt with the booking to get the voucher sent across.. until this day not recieved anything!!

Should I be worried as in no tansfers there when we arrive..?! I know I have recieved the main documents but still can't help worrying.. Right now I wouldn't really use them again simply because they promise but don't deliver

england
Level Contributor
264 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Gems

I decided against booking with them simply because i went as far as booking the holiday and an agent rang me about 20 mins later and said the flights had now gone up £45 each and since i had literally only booked it online 20 mins earlier i didnt see how the flights could have suddenly increased. I went onto travel republic site and the flight was s till the same price and had'nt gone up so i booked through them instead and cancelled the holidaygem booking so its off to Sharm in 9 weeks this will be the 8th time we have been.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
688 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Gems

would not go near them [ once they trap you they put prices up ] impossible to get them on the phone. they are dial m for murder.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,873 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday Gems

I wouldn't touch Holiday Gems, Travel Republic, On The Beach etc or any online company that only sells component holidays. You may as well just DIY.

Morecambe
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday Gems

If you have not got your transfare document then you will not be able to get on the bus without paying again , this happened to us a few yrs ago . we ended up just getting a taxi .

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
204 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday Gems

I have still had no luck in getting the transfer documentation through from Holiday Gems as the agent who was dealing is now on a weeks holiday and I am due to fly out this coming sunday (13th)..!! The advisor who I spoke to stated not to worry it was just minor and the transfer will be there but just can't get the confirmation to me as she can't get into the inbox of the actual agent dealing..

The hotel I am staying with offered the free transfer and I have the hotel voucher which states that.. am I worrying unnecessarily..? I just don't want to be stranded there without any transfer..

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh