We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will it be safe going to sharm in a couple of weeks?

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Will it be safe going to sharm in a couple of weeks?

Just asking to see if anyone has some up to date views on the situation. It is currently in the green area as safe. I have never been to some where near a danger zone so am feeling abit wary.

Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will it be safe going to sharm in a couple of weeks?

Hi,

I'm in Naama Bay right now, and it's safer than my home town in Gloucestershire! Granted we can never be sure anywhere is 100% safe..... But given the troubles in Egypt right now, I feel no different than any of my other 7 visits here..... Hope it helps! Have a fab time!

Sharm El Sheikh...
Level Contributor
220 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will it be safe going to sharm in a couple of weeks?

It is very safe

england
Level Contributor
2,979 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will it be safe going to sharm in a couple of weeks?

This area of Egypt is very remote if you look on a map - way away from the central habited areas where most of the 'news reports' come from. When you fly into Sharm you will see from the windows of the airplane that apart from this small strip of hotels there is nothing for miles around. Many of the people working in Sharm are from the main cities but rely on the tourism to bring money into the country, the hotels all have their own security and the bank next door to our hotel had an armed guard - we felt very secure when we went before Christmas more so than when we were in Florida last year. That said some excursions away from Sharm may not be available to you due to the changing situation in Cairo etc. - Go and have a fab holiday in the winter sun. but take sensible precautions.

Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Will it be safe going to sharm in a couple of weeks?

returned from sharm 2wks ago with my wife and 3kids it was our first time to sharm and felt very very safe its a great place togo and u will love it and feel relaxed after a few hours of being there. am sure of it.

Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Will it be safe going to sharm in a couple of weeks?

Thank you to everyone for such great info. I feel alot better now :-D

6. Re: Will it be safe going to sharm in a couple of weeks?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh