We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I cancel Sensatori Holiday?(6 mths pregnant May-June)

Cardiff
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Should I cancel Sensatori Holiday?(6 mths pregnant May-June)

Hi all.

I am looking for advice.

My husband and I have booked to go to Sensatori Sharm 21.05.13 for 2 weeks with our 4 year old daughter. We have since found out we are expecting baby number 2 and I should be around 24-25 weeks pregnant. We have only paid a deposit of £200 so Im wondering if we should cancel based on the heat. Ive read it can be in the 40s May June.

I went to Goa a few years back and it averaged 42 every day but by the sea it was lovely and I coped well. However, with a bump am I going to regret it? Im thinking of sticking with Turkey - our usual destination - as May tends to stick around 30 max.

Any advice will be very much appreciated. Im not concerned about food/hygiene as such as I will take extra care and know the hotel is clean. I just dont want to be so hot I have a misserable time. But I really want to go lol!

Thanks, Hayley

Mentioned in this post
Goa
Goa
India
london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,779 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should I cancel Sensatori Holiday?(6 mths pregnant May-June)

Nobody can really say how you will feel. Your hotel will have AC. You can stay in the shade and swim.

If there is no medical problem and you want to go, why not? It won't be so easy with two children.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should I cancel Sensatori Holiday?(6 mths pregnant May-June)

Hi Verity. Yes true. I will only know at the time. Just wondering if anyone had any experience of being in such a hot climate whilst pregnant. I really do want to go there. Like you say, I can keep cool. I intend on buying the biggest sun hat going lol! And any excuse for regular ice cream breaks!

Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should I cancel Sensatori Holiday?(6 mths pregnant May-June)

Might be the last time you get chance to chill out and relax for a while....

If it was me - I'd go ;)

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Should I cancel Sensatori Holiday?(6 mths pregnant May-June)

Think you should discuss with your doctor/ midwife and see what their advice is. It will be very hot, probably hotter than Turkey. Be aware also of injections that are required for Egypt.

Mentioned in this post
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
10,366 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Should I cancel Sensatori Holiday?(6 mths pregnant May-June)

Agree with rollergirl

We should not advise you

Only your Doctor, Airline & Insurance company have any say in this matter.

Remember - the final date is your return flight, not the one going out.

Grantham, England...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Should I cancel Sensatori Holiday?(6 mths pregnant May-June)

im going to egypt in May and i will be 32 weeks pregnantt. Im not worried if it gets to hot i will stay in my room or go to the pool:) Im looking forward to it.

7. Re: Should I cancel Sensatori Holiday?(6 mths pregnant May-June)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2014, 06:19