We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sharm 1st timers - Hotel advice - Please :-)

Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Sharm 1st timers - Hotel advice - Please :-)

I'm hoping to go to Sharm in Feb half term, but i'm struggling with which hotel to go for....please help :-)

There 2 adults and 3 and 5 yo kids...

So far I've looked at...

Royal Albatros Moderna Resort

Sultan gardens

Aqua Blu

but all seem to have contradictory review (not that I entirely trust them anyway)

Thanks!!!!

lanarkshire
Level Contributor
238 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sharm 1st timers - Hotel advice - Please :-)

Tirana aqua park kids will luv it

Nottingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
2,003 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sharm 1st timers - Hotel advice - Please :-)

We have been to Sultan Gardens and Aqua Blu from your short list and think as your children are 3 and 5 then SG may be the better option as has much better food while still having a lovely children's pool with slide and play area and children's club if you like that type of thing. Also, has a beach for paddling and sand castles. Aqua Blu is huge and of course has many slides for them with a great, really big children's pool with loads of fountains/pirate ship slides and other exciting stuff such as Disney character statues all around the children's section. The beach is a short free bus ride away. Wouldn't hesitate to return to either but for us SG has the edge due to food being better.

Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sharm 1st timers - Hotel advice - Please :-)

Thanks for the replies so far....

I really am open to others not just on the list, but there's just so much choice...almost too much!

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sharm 1st timers - Hotel advice - Please :-)

I am having the same problems as you. My kids are slightly older at 9/11 :)

Level Contributor
6 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sharm 1st timers - Hotel advice - Please :-)

I've expanded my list a little...

Royal Albatros Moderna Resort

Sultan gardens

Aqua Blu

Hilton Sharks Bay

Xperience sea breeze

Sunrise Grand select Arabian beach

Nottingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
2,003 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sharm 1st timers - Hotel advice - Please :-)

Hilton Shark's Bay is a favourite of ours ....been about fifteen times now. Great for children and really huge pools on the new side ....two have small slides and on the old side there are several more pools and another with a slide. Very pretty grounds and a few minutes walk from Soho Square. I have a couple of reviews of this hotel under my profile if you want a few more bits of information. Food is OK and on a par these days with Aqua Blu.

Mentioned in this post
Shark's Bay Beach
Shark's Bay Beach
1,497 Reviews
Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
SOHO Square
SOHO Square
4,550 Reviews
Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
bedfordshire
Level Contributor
295 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sharm 1st timers - Hotel advice - Please :-)

hi....been to five hotels in sharm....i think the royal albadros will suit you...lovely hotel...very big....and really caters for children.....got their own water park.....fantastic kids pool.....with loads of water slides.. lots of places to eat with the best food we have ever had in sharm......a bit like "butlins"..but loved it.......for us "oldies" its back to the hilton sharks bay.......15 weeks to go!!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sharm 1st timers - Hotel advice - Please :-)

Hi! I was just about to post the same question!

Royal Albatross was not on my short list, but just looked at it and it looks great.

It looks to be similar type of resort as Sultan Gardens only that SG seems to have fewer children's water slides etc.

Does anyone know if this is true?

Also been looking at the new sea club aqua park, but do have concerns that it may not be finished yet, and also that it is so much cheaper than the two resorts above. I know there is no beach, but can use sister hotel beaches.

Anyone been to the new aqua park?

Thanks

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
820 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sharm 1st timers - Hotel advice - Please :-)

We have stayed at Aqua Blu, really good for all ages,only downside is the water park is open to day trip's and it can get busy,we stayed over easter holls couple of years ago, day trippers were taking sunbeds used by hotel guests if you got off them that happened to me i just told them straight to get off and i refused to move until they did. Plenty of restaurants in the complex to eat we never had any problem with the food,when we were there the evening ent was'nt up to much big let down.

Edited: 20 January 2013, 13:36
London, United...
Level Contributor
446 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sharm 1st timers - Hotel advice - Please :-)

royal albatros moderna gets our vote , great kids club , brill water park , good food and a cinema screen for kids in the evenings we stayed here last feb and are returning this feb we enoyed it that much hope this helps