We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cant beleive im unwell.. any advice?

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
Level Contributor
510 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
cant beleive im unwell.. any advice?

so dissapointed that im feeling really unwell..

its not the tummy bug or the hotel food so il make sure i mention that...

woke up this morning feeling feverish since then its gettin worse by having high tempreture and feeling very heavy headed with nausea..

dont drink alchohol also not been under the sun for long time since i got here so no idea where all this is coming from and im not one who gives in to ilness easy so im feeling well bad for beeing ill.

anyone been like this before?

any advice?

oh worth mentionning i have no mozzy bites either.

:-( :-( :-( :-( :-(

wales
Level Contributor
551 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cant beleive im unwell.. any advice?

My advice is to call the hotel doctor to visit you, he would be aware if it is a bug going around the hotel. drink plenty of still water, sip it regularly rather than drink it in one go so as not to cause you to be sick! Also lemonade which has been allowed to go flat to give you energy.

But please seek medical advice ASAP as you know your own body better than anyone and you have said your not prone to illness as a rule, don't drink and haven't been out in the sun!!

Hope you make quick recovery

S S W

Royston
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cant beleive im unwell.. any advice?

It's best to see the dr if you're worried. It sounds like a bug that has just gone through our family.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cant beleive im unwell.. any advice?

Just a comment as a retired nurse. Definitely see the doctor but also try some paracetamol, maximum 2 tablets, to lower your temperature, wear loose clothing and try to stay in the cool.

wales
Level Contributor
551 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cant beleive im unwell.. any advice?

Naazy99 r u feeling any better??

Hope you are and also that you have sought medical advice!! It will give the hotel an opportunity to investigate and the doctor can advise on tests with regard the pools, communal areas etc.......

Please let us know how you are??

S S W

Edited: 15 February 2013, 19:15
Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cant beleive im unwell.. any advice?

Aw so sorry to hear your not well, It does sound like the dreaded bug that's going around, as its been said you know your own body & if in any doubt see the local doctor. Do let us know how you get on x

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
563 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cant beleive im unwell.. any advice?

Hope you are feeling a little better and have sought medical advice xx

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,455 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cant beleive im unwell.. any advice?

I had a similar bug just the other week, it is going the rounds here in the southeast of the UK, it felt like the flu but not quite as bad, however, I had a temperature for 24 hours and felt nauseous because of it, so do take paracetamol this will help bring down your fever and so lessen the feeling of sickness. A couple of days after feeling like this I came out with a terrible head cold, sore throat, and dry cough, but I still managed to get about and do things whilst taking cold/flu remedies so am hoping you will be able to do the same.

Get the doctor and drink plenty of bottled water.

manchester
Level Contributor
510 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cant beleive im unwell.. any advice?

thank you for all the messages..

i took your advice and got the doctor.

the doctor came to the hotel and took me to the clinic,

after doing some tests, i was suffering low blood pressure and high fever all caused by a stomach bug which was making me dizzy as well as nausea and very weak.

i was at the clinic for about 4/5 hours was put on a drip with some injections. the doctor said by end of the drip i should be feeling far better which he was right coz when the drip was finished i was feeling 95% better.

i have been given some medicines to take and iv been told by tomorrow i shud be back to normal.

again thnx for all your advice coz knowing me i wudnt hav gone doctors if i hadnt of got ur comments.

my wife forced me to c doctor when she saw these msgs..

London
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cant beleive im unwell.. any advice?

Hi Naazy, so glad you are feeling better, you can now enjoy the rest of your holiday.

wales
Level Contributor
551 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cant beleive im unwell.. any advice?

Hi naazy99

Brilliant!! Glad your feeling better and as usual the wife knows best!!

Go and enjoy the rest of your holiday!!

S S W

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh