We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive v bed and breakfast

england
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
All inclusive v bed and breakfast

Hi just wondering which is best? We normally always go bed and breakfast as like to eat and drink at several places. Plus the countries we visit are a lot cheaper than Egypt. Such as India and Thailand.if we go all inclusive it works out a extra 700 pounds for the two of us. Is this worth while? How much is a beer in old sharm and a beer in namma bay? How much for average lunch and dinner somewhere?

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,578 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All inclusive v bed and breakfast

We were tempted by all inclusive but decided to go half board instead, the reason being that we are not big drinkers and would like to go walkabout during the day and just grab a bite somewhere rather than having to return to the hotel all the time. I think that all inclusive is okay if you want to stay in the hotel for most of the time and like a drink or three.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
455 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All inclusive v bed and breakfast

Hi chelseawolves,

I suppose it may depend on what you want out of your holiday! For myself, going all inclusive gives me a break from cooking meals and having a break from even thinking about what to prepare on a daily basis. When going all inclusive, I try to budget for having a break from the resort e.g. meals at local restaurants and day trips, which include lunch etc. I know its more expense, but I suppose you get the best of both worlds and not feel tied down to the resort.

Doncaster, United...
Destination Expert
for Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All inclusive v bed and breakfast

Hiya

depends how much you are likely to drink really and what you want to drink. Food is pretty cheap in most places and there is a great choice but its the alcohol that can work out expensive. Ive been all inclusive in Sharm in the past but its not for me as I like the variety and experience of eating out. Beer varies but average around the 20LE mark in Na ama bay unless you go for happy hour, Camel bar has it at 12 LE during happy hour and 24LE afterwards. Plenty of places have cocktails at buy one get one free average around 50LE and spirits are around the 50LE mark plus your mixer. This is just a very general idea as obviously there are some places cheaper and some more expensive. Most ive paid for a beer was 33LE at Abu El Sid and 60 LE for a glass of wine but seeing as I went for the food it didnt really bother me as the overall bill was still really good I think it worked out at around 800LE for 6 of us in total. There are some good restaurants where you can take your own alcohol which works out around 11LE for the same 500ml bottle of beer. Food varies so much its difficult to give you an average but you can eat very well for very little, less than 60LE for most main courses in Na ama bay. I had a 5 course seafood set menu at a restaurant on the beach last year that was 200LE per person and I was stuffed !!!! Hope that helps x

Edited: 26 February 2013, 09:41
London, United...
Level Contributor
544 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All inclusive v bed and breakfast

Like JoesLiverpool, we go all inclusive to Sharm, but usually reckon on eating out just under half the time. We don't drink much, we do it that way mainly for conveniience of noy having to have money on us all day every day, and so we don't have to go out if we don't want to.

I have to say, and I mean no disrespect, but I don't understand people who book all inclusive and the feel like they can't go out of the hotel - for us, AI is the best of both worlds. Still, everybody's different, and only you can make the choice for yourself

Edited: 27 February 2013, 08:24
england
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All inclusive v bed and breakfast

Thanks for all info, normally we like to eat out, just wanted rough ideas of prices, as all inclusive is a extra 848 pounds. Would be pointless paying that amount if eating out half the time. If just a couple of hundred pounds different not so bad.

London, United...
Level Contributor
544 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All inclusive v bed and breakfast

£848 seems a big difference - which hotel are you looking at? Or are there a few of you? Sorry to be nosey, but our usual hotels don't have such a big difference for the 3 of us...

england
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All inclusive v bed and breakfast

There is two of us, and that,s at the jolie golf, it is 522 bed and breakfast for two weeks or I think it was around 1350 all inclusive . Emailed hotel and buffet lunch 150, dinner 250 ep, beer 36 ep. Also looked at all inclusive sultan 1282, iberotel palace package hol 1085 each

england
Level Contributor
3,060 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All inclusive v bed and breakfast

Not sure when you are going but that does seem pricy we are paying that for two weeks in the caribean. five star AI. But I guess the jolie golf must be up there with the sensitori. We paid £800 each for two weeks in Sept last year AI but only four star.

However for what it is worth we usually book AI just for those days when we cant be bothered to run the gauntlet of guys trying to get us into shops etc., we love to eat locally and do enjoy a drink. So it works out best for us. We usually have a late breakfast or early lunch a couple of drinks before going out to eat in the evening then come back for a few more drinks. Even soft drinks and tea and coffee etc., mount up day by day and it is nice not to have to think about having money with you during the day and we can then enjoy the local restaurants for about 50% of the night. I agree with post 4 why go to a contry and not check it out just cos you on AI, we were on an excursion a couple of year ago and one couple just kept asking will we back in time for lunch..... how sad....

england
Level Contributor
4,275 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: All inclusive v bed and breakfast

Lol very happy, I can, t see the point in goin somewhere and not exploring it. Only been to sharm once, but when we did we made sure we saw the pyramids . Took the local bus to Cairo, and had two nites there. Saddest was when we went to Kenya, and a couple there just stayed at hotel. You can, t go to Kenya and not go on a safari. We are goin in August so a more expensive time. I saw some four star all inclusive for 500 but not sure if hotels any good.

england
Level Contributor
3,060 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: All inclusive v bed and breakfast

Chelseawolves - must admit we often sacrifice a bit of luxury for some basic clean accommodation just for the pleasure of travelling, however Sharm is not for us, a travel destination, you get local colour OK but we did the Nile Luxor and Cairo some years ago for a couple of weeks. We like to go a bit native as you obviously do and have had some adventures taking public transport. I am a little saddened when you meet people who just want english breakfast, and get upset if the download speeds are slow.... or have to pay over the odds for yesterdays copy of the Sun newspaper.

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh