We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OFF Mosquito lotion or spray?

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
491 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
OFF Mosquito lotion or spray?

Hi All I have read the article to the right handside of the page on the topic of mosquitoes. I am travelling to sharm 20th June for 14 nights and I am taking my daughter who would have just turned 3. I have read on some threads a repellent called OFF that is made by johnson and johnson, was wondering what colour is the bottle of the spray as Ive found a red one and a green one. Also they do a lotion for kids has anyone used this and did it work?.

Thanks in advance xx

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
678 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: OFF Mosquito lotion or spray?

I think its got a blue top on and sold in most of the shops in sharm. Its an aerosol and can be used on children and doesn't cost that much.

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: OFF Mosquito lotion or spray?

The OFF that I have used in Sharm is an orange spray can. OFF is fairly cheap in Sharm, around £3 a can. You can buy OFF over here though it is a bit more expensive. On Amazon you can buy OFF lotion and cream. They do a cream repellent which costs around £4.50 which only has 15% DEET which is suitable for all the family and especially children. Anything higher than 15% is not really recommended for very young children.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
491 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: OFF Mosquito lotion or spray?

Thanks its more for my daughter and I dont want to use the sprays with deet in really. Thanks for your reply x

4. Re: OFF Mosquito lotion or spray?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2014, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh