We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine and Beer for room

Essex UK
Level Contributor
244 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Wine and Beer for room

Hi all,

I just wanted some advice on the best place for me to buy a few beers for my hotel room to enjoy whilst getting ready and lazing about.We are also planning on bringing a couple of bottles of wine with us from the UK, unless anyone can advise on a good egyptian wine we can buy a couple of bottles of reasonably.

Normally on holiday it's a case of do a shop the first day for supplies for the room, snacks, a few soft drinks, a few cans of beer etc at a local supermarket. Am I correct in assuming I will have to buy alcohol at a liscensed outlet? I read about a duty free shop in Soho Square? is it still there and roughly how much can I expect to pay for a bottle of Sakra or Egyptian Stella?

If it helps on any reccomendations we are staying at the Maritim Jollie Royal Peninsula.

Essex UK
Level Contributor
244 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine and Beer for room

tried looking on google but couldn't find anything definitive. is anyone able to help at all?

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine and Beer for room

There is a duty free shop in Na'ama Bay and I think strictly speaking you are supposed to only shop there within the first 24/48 hours of your holiday and produce passport but I hear this rule is not always applied. I think there is also a duty free shop in Soho Square but I haven't been in it.

There is a chain of shops called Drinkies in Sharm where you can buy alcohol. Sorry can't comment on recent prices as I am usually AI. Regarding Egyptian wine, I drink it while there but have never taken any home as it's not the greatest! Also quite expensive to buy.

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wine and Beer for room

Just to add to my previous post, there are 2 Drinkies in Na'ama Bay and one in the Hadaba area. Also there is another chain called Bacchus which sells alcohol. Most alcohol shops have Heineken green signage outside.

Essex UK
Level Contributor
244 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wine and Beer for room

great thank you.

we are also on AI basis but like to have a couple of bottles lying around the room fro when we are getting ready to go out in the evening :-) I am sure the hotel wouldn't provide these at any form of reasonable rate lol.

Doncaster, United...
Destination Expert
for Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wine and Beer for room

Hiya

a 500 ml bottle of Sakara will set you back around the 11 to 12 LE mark in the alcohol shops in Na ama bay. Sorry I dont know where your hotel is but if you are in Nabq there is a Bachus shop in La Strada that sells it around the 11LE mark. There is a guy who sells it by the case delivered who I use when in sharm and he charges 220 for a 24 x 500ml case but his number is over in sharm so I cant pass it on at the minute sorry x

Redhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
4,022 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wine and Beer for room

There are loads of beer shops in the Sharm area now.The average price of a bottle of Sakara,Stella,Luxor,Sphinx, or any of the other beers that have popped up recently is about LE9.

7. Re: Wine and Beer for room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2014, 05:15