We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Magic Life or others! Very confused : (

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Club Magic Life or others! Very confused : (

Hi

Myself and boyfriend both mid 40's but going on 30 lol are thinking of going to Sharm and Egypt will be a first for us(normally do Mexico)..I am very fussy about some things and wonder if anyone can help with the following,I have read every review for every hotel I think!

1..Good food and choice of restaurants

2..Good daytime animation ie water polo,shuffleboard,boulle etc

3..Not chavvy but not overly posh where we may feel uncomfortable

4..A few bars to walk to in the evening

5..Decent Wifi

6..Nice pools and snorkelling and the ability to swim in the sea

7..Decent quality Alcohol

8..Friendly not stuffy

I told you I was fussy! Magic Life looks like it fits most of the criteria but a bit worried by some reviews saying its a bit 'Butlins' ..Alternatives I've narrowed down are Iberotel Palace,Hilton Sharm Waterfalls,Hyatt Regency,Reef Oasis Blue Bay or Tropicana Grand Azure..Told you I was confused...Any advice will be much appreciated

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Club Magic Life or others! Very confused : (

Hiya, read my review from Club Magic last June - the hotel matches everything you want and more, I loved it here and would go back any day!

swindon
Level Contributor
322 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Club Magic Life or others! Very confused : (

Just returned from Club Magic Life (3rd visit) and it certainly fits most of your list of preferences. I will answer them in the order you put them.

1. Massive choice of food in main Magico buffet restaurant, plus 3 a la cartes for evening meals, one of which also opens for lunch (great fajitas there).

2. Very busy animation team, with something happening all day long (our group went mountainbiking, played table tennis and also joined the zumba and pilates classes. There was also waterpolo, beach volleyball, football, gym, and numerous other activities. You will not get bored!

3. Definitely not chavvy, but also not TOO posh. Just lots of people out to enjoy themselves, without being overly noisy or yobbish.

4. There are quite a few bars within walking distance of the hotel, did not feel the need to use them, but I know some of the British guests liked to call in at the Union Jack Bar, and the ST George Bar.

5. My brother in law used the wifi, but it was not consistently good, and he had to keep going to reception to get a new password (but it is free).

6 One huge activity pool, and another "quiet" pool, neither of which ever seemed very busy (despite the hotel being full while we were there). They have a fixed jetty from which you can snorkel along the reef - lots of fish to see (even from the jetty).

7. Probably the only negative we found this year. The wine was OK, the cocktails are fine if you like them quite sweet and creamy, but the spirits were disappointing (difficult to tell the difference between the brandy and whisky!)

8. Probably the friendliest hotel staff we have met in Egypt. We were regularly greeted by waiters, bar staff, even gardeners, and this without the normally mandatory tipping (we did tip regularly, but in the boxes provided not to individuals).

To summarise, the only thing which you stated as important that I feel this hotel lacks is good quality drinks (forgot to say that the beer and all the soft drinks are absolutely fine) and we will happily return to this hotel in the future.

Eric

london
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Club Magic Life or others! Very confused : (

Thank you so much for your reply..I must admit I'm feeling exactly how you seemed to feel before your visit!..I keep going to book it and then thinking of a reason why I shouldn't lol..Very good review with lots of handy tips,I am however still a bit worried about the hassle from shopkeepers and the dodgy tummy but will give it a go it sounds lovely.

london
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Club Magic Life or others! Very confused : (

Thank you for your very informative and comprehensive reply..So it seems the only worry I should have apart from the hassle from shopkeepers and the risk of tummy upset is the hit and miss wifi which I just won't tell the other half about until we're on our way and the poor alcohol quality..I think I'll just buy a couple of bottles in duty free on the way and take a hip flask out lol..Many thanks again

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Club Magic Life or others! Very confused : (

The shopkeepers are completely harmless trust me, they're just trying to make a living and it's really competitive out there for them so theyre pushy but not in any way unfriendly or aggressive they are actually really sweet! I was worried about them too but I loved Sharm so much I'm going back in 6 weeks! And I was fine with my stomach just my boyfriend but like I said in my review the doctor was brilliant, they say local drugs for local bugs so make sure you get to a chemist once you're there they are really helpful and will sort you out with some medicine. Don't be put off you will have the best time ever and might end up booking to go again like I have :)

london
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Club Magic Life or others! Very confused : (

Thanks for the reassurances..I'm sure we will love it but if ever there is a bug going anywhere I'm sure to get it lol..We were exactly the same before going to Mexico and now been four times and love it so much there..We are goingto Magic Life in 5 weeks time,the prices seem so competitive that it seems wrong not to book it..RIGHT..I'm going to book it now!

Thanks again x

swindon
Level Contributor
322 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Club Magic Life or others! Very confused : (

I am sure you will not regret it. On the subject of stomach upsets, we have now been to Egypt 7 times, and Club Magic Life 3 times, and none of us, including my elderly in-laws, have ever had ANY problems in that regard. My wife and I ate salad at least once a day, and always had ice in our drinks. One of the biggest causes of illness is dehydration, which is more likely in Egypt where humidity is very low, so you tend to sweat (or perspire, or glow)much less than you would in the UK. Gives the impression you are not losing fluids, but of course you are. They recommend drinking at least 2 litres of water each per day (if you have rehydration salts use them as a preventative measure).

Have a great time in Sharm

Eric

london
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Club Magic Life or others! Very confused : (

That is good advice thanks Eric for your information and I am now a little,just a little less worried about the tummy issues after hearing of the range of ages in your party.I always take rehydration salts with me,usually to treat hangovers so they will serve another purpose this time : ).. one last question...are the pools freezing cold end of May beginning of June do you know as not only am I fussy but also a wimp lol..Thanks Again

Beverley

swindon
Level Contributor
322 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Club Magic Life or others! Very confused : (

The pools at all the hotels we have stayed at in Egypt sem to be cold, no matter what time of the year we have visited. Not sure why, when the sun is shining for 12 hours a day on them! On the plus side, the sea is much warmer than the pools, and much more interesting. Incidentally, even though the pools seemed cold my in-laws both got in EVERY day on holiday, so there is a challenge for you!

Eric

Blackpool, England...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Club Magic Life or others! Very confused : (

you will love it, amazing hotel, food is fantastic and staff amazing

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh