We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vaccinations aged 3 and 16

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
491 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
vaccinations aged 3 and 16

I understand that its recommended to have the vaccinations but im just wondering how many actually get this jab. I really dont want to put my baby through a jab if not necessary. Please advise I have booked her and my son if for theirs just wondering and await feedback.

thanks

Royston
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vaccinations aged 3 and 16

Always get the recommended jabs. If you don't have them and catch the disease you could have prevented your insurance won't pay out.

It's always better to have a jab than a serious illness.

scotland
Level Contributor
341 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vaccinations aged 3 and 16

My husband and I had ours last week. One jab was typoid/hep a and the other was rubella/tetanus/polio. My two children had typhoid orally and to get hep a next week. They're free and our insurers/doc recommended. We don't go til July but thought it was best, though lots don't bother and don't have any problems. Maybe check with ur doc/ins Hope helps

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
9,973 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vaccinations aged 3 and 16

The only advice you should take is from your GP! There will always be some who won't have the the vaccinations, however they are recommended, would you really want to put your children at risk? Please read the Tips at the top of the messages and the questions in blue down the right hand side of the page, it's covered there as well as many other things you need to know.

Regards

barbarah

lanarkshire
Level Contributor
133 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vaccinations aged 3 and 16

for insurance reasons u should defo get them if your children fall ill and the jags could have prevented this insurance companies wont pay up and if they get really ill i think you would be really angry with yourself knowing you could have prevented this with getting jags. enjoy:-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: vaccinations aged 3 and 16

I got my sons done, he was 2 when we first went....... Always best, you would hate yourself after if aything was picked up. Ensure all normal jabs are up to date too.

West Midlands...
Level Contributor
31 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: vaccinations aged 3 and 16

Hi both my boys had hep a and typhoid. They're only recommended but I daren't take the risk in Egypt. With regard to insurance it does not affect insurance if vaccinations are only recommended. Only of compulsory so don't let that sway your decision. I had this debate 2 years ago with my then 1 year old. We didn't want him to have the recommended vaccines and I called my insurance to check this out and it's standard practice that recommended vaccines DO NOT void your policy if you catch a preventable disease. It's a common misconception.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
491 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: vaccinations aged 3 and 16

Thanks for all your replys ive booked us all in with nurse. Would never take the risk really just wanted to see what advice others had done.

UK
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: vaccinations aged 3 and 16

Nurses at GPs can sometimes get it wrong or have out of date information. There have been stories on here of nursus who have seen the "none compulsory" written in their book s and said they don't need any. It is best to look up what you need before going, and make sure they give you the recommended ones.

fitfortravel.nhs.uk/destinations/…egypt.aspx

9. Re: vaccinations aged 3 and 16

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh