We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monarch Booking In Process Confused - Advice Needed Please

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,731 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Monarch Booking In Process Confused - Advice Needed Please

Hi there really looking forward to our holiday to Egypt, however this is the first time (and a bit nervous) i have ever booked flights and hotel seperate and not used a travel agent/tour operator.

I know i can check in online up to a month before travel so will be doing that and printing boarding cards off, and i am fine with the the bag drop off this end in BHX

However when i fly back from Sharm which terminal do i go to?, is there a Monarch "bag drop" or do i just go to the regular queue with everyone else, i almost forget but i have to get an immigration card as well dont i, so where do i get this from?

Thanks for any help

Falcon Adventure
Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Safaris, Sightseeing Tours
Sinai Safari Adventures
Safaris, Parasailing & Paragliding, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Sinai Excursions - Day Tours
Parasailing & Paragliding, Safaris, Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Air Tours
Book Tour Egypt
Sightseeing Tours, Air Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Safaris, Swim with Dolphins
Accrington, United...
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Monarch Booking In Process Confused - Advice Needed Please

From memory, it's terminal 2 the older terminal, you'll queue up with everyone else and you recieve your departure card on check in. You'll fill it in between check in and passport control.

Nichola

Eastwood, United...
Level Contributor
569 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Monarch Booking In Process Confused - Advice Needed Please

Hi,

we did exactly as you did back in November, yes, check in online, you will have enter your passport details etc,even printed the boarding cards. However at BHX Monarch have a very large check in area, told not to bother with my "boarding cards" and given new set.

Why bother with "online" check in then!!! that said quite painless less than 3 minutes process, wish the same could be said for airport security.

Monarch did not issue Egyptian landing cards on the flight, whether that has changed not sure, had to find them on arrival.

Regret to say on departure you have to line up with everyone else- quite fun this as Sharm airport is total chaos!!

Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Monarch Booking In Process Confused - Advice Needed Please

Hi we just got back last week yes they gave us landing cards in Egypt and it was terminal 2 not sure about boarding cards as we checked in at the airport I thought everything was pretty efficient and straight forward so ul be fine x

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,731 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Monarch Booking In Process Confused - Advice Needed Please

Thanks for all your replies, sounds straightforward enough - you've put my mind at rest

Aylesbury
Level Contributor
499 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Monarch Booking In Process Confused - Advice Needed Please

Hi there. We flew Monarch from Gatport Airwick in March. we did the API info on line but didn't bother doing the boarding cards - the queues for Monarch never seem to be that long at either end (LGW or SSH) and we tend to get there early anyway. We were given landing cards on the flight out and departure cards at SSH when we checked in for the return flight. It might seem obvious but make sure you have a pen to complete the cards on departure - so many people never seem to have one. you could probably make a small fortune setting up a pen-selling booth at SSH!

And yes, it is definaitely T2 at SSH on the way back.

Have a great holiday.

Berkhamsted, United...
Level Contributor
1,672 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Monarch Booking In Process Confused - Advice Needed Please

Monarch don't have online Checkin for the return flights from Sharm. You have to queue up.

When we went out a month ago, we filled in immigration cards on the way in (handed out on the plane). So we needed to complete emigration cards on the way out which we did after checking in but before passport control.

7. Re: Monarch Booking In Process Confused - Advice Needed Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh