We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Savoy hotel S class

Sheffield, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Savoy hotel S class

Hello anyone been on the S class package at the Savoy? We are going on our honeymoon there in a couple of weeks and have a few questions.

The hotel website says you can only eat in each restaurant once per week but a couple of reviews say this is not enforced can anyone confirm that? Also does it apply to lunch time as well?

Secondly I know you can eat in many of the restaurants in SOHO square for free but does that include drinks with the meal? Also can you drink for free in SOHO square in the queen vic and Pangea nightclub?

Plus any more info you can give me about the hotel would be great as this is first time we have been on a holiday like this (-:

London
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Savoy hotel S class

Hi Swiffers, I have had a really good offer drop in my e-mail this morning from Fleetway Travel offering me the Ultra All Inclusive at the Savoy S class.

If you google "Savoy Hotel Sharm El Sheikh S class" you will find that Fleetway travel appears as one of the travel agents at the top just click on this and you will see their offer for the Savoy. Go down slowly on the left hand side it will tell you about the AI Ultra and you can click on the Ultra and then 2 pages of the Savoy's S Class restaurants, bars, opening times etc. will appear it is very informative and is from the Savoy and not Fleetway, I suppose this is what they give you on your arrival to the hotel if you are a S Class tourist. Have a look and print it off lots of information. Hope you understand this, let me know if you get it. Regards, Jo

East Retford...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Savoy hotel S class

I went recently on s class and we went to the steak house twice, its quieter at the moment somi dont think they are strict on the eat only once thing. all restaurants have menus explaining if there is an additional supplement for certain things, but to be honest everything is pretty much inclusive. The queen vic pub allows free drinks between 4pm and 8pm from what I remember, when I went the nightclub was pretty dead but drinks were also inclusive. We went to seafood restaurant 3 times for lunch.

plus you get branded stuff, vodka redbull is Smirnoff and proper red bull. All egyptian wines free, others get you a 20% discount. When u go to each restaurant or bar just make a point of explaining ur at the savoy on s class and they do as much for you as they can.

kent
Level Contributor
52 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Savoy hotel S class

Hello All, just back from the Savoy, on s-class and I wanted to confirm the following:

You can eat in any restaurant and drink in any bar, with no restriction on visits while we were there. We ate in Zen chinese twice and also the Seafood Island for lunch about 4 times as well.

All drinks are premium brands unless you ask for local (e.g. Sakara beer), and this included in the cocktails. The local wine is is included, by the glass in some areas or you are given a bottle in L'Entrecote, Hot Rock and Rosmarino (for the ambience presumably) and it's really quite good, better than you would get in most high street restaurants in the UK.

Hope that helps. We were unsure of what to expect but it was a great choice as a meal for 2 with wine would have cost about £90 otherwise.

There is the odd supplement - for lobster and tuna mostly, and some spirits. We had a final 'extras' bill of just £28 which was french cognac in a restaurant (that was free in the Safari bar, oddly).

Edited: 12 June 2013, 13:37
SURREY
Level Contributor
2,512 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Savoy hotel S class

yes eat and drink away anywhere I have been 4 times and have never been told only once there is also a little café place under the night club u can get take away from there as well also the caves which are downstairs behind the fountains

also just for instance if u fancied Chinese 1 night and ur hubby a curry if u sit at the mandarin restaurant you can both order what u like from any of the resturants and it comes up at the same time or u can have curry starter, Chinese main, and a sweet from another its great, manderin also do cocktails all free just sign ur name and rm number

like someone else said u do have to pay for supplements but there isn't many

have a great time

xxx

S Wales
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Savoy hotel S class

Hi I see some of you above have posted for June this year. I've just booked for next June at the Savoy S-class All Inclusive (Fleetway Travel offering great deals again) but wondered what the weather is like in June? We've been to Sharm several times but only in Dec & Mar. If it's 'stupid hot' in the evenings, do the restaurants still enforce the closed shoe & long trousers for men rule? How about tidy 3/4 linen trousers for men? Or are the restaurants air conditioned so it's cooler inside? Thanks & hope you all had a great time especially the honeymooners

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
316 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Savoy hotel S class

Similar question. We're just back and temp was perfect for us in the daytime. Thinking about going back in May - how much hotter is it likely to be ?

All restaurants are air conditioned so wasn't a problem at all at nights wearing longs. In fact in some I was glad I did have as the temp was quite cool after a days sun

SURREY
Level Contributor
2,512 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Savoy hotel S class

may june hot mid 30ts I would say going higher

yes long trs are enforced in the resturants but if u eat outside in the mandarin bar u can eat from any restaurant and men can wear shorts, also if u want curry and other half want chinese u can order whatever u want and it will come up at the same time, also u can just go there u don't have to book so don't have to eat at a set time

you can eat drink anywhere in savoy or soho sq if ur s class even after 8 in queen vic its only if you are full board, full board dine around, half board, or b&b its pay for drinks after 8pm and like what been said b4 you do have to pay a supplement on some things but it will tell you on the menu or the waiter will tell you

have a great time you have made a great choice xxxx

S Wales
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Savoy hotel S class

Thanks for the updates. We haven't been to Sharm for a few years so already excited :-)

Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Savoy hotel S class

I'm thinking of going in October,after reading the posts on the forum most of my questions have been answered.the only one unanswered is,is there any on site water slides for the kids????

10. Re: Savoy hotel S class

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 December 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh