We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sharm with a 19mth old

Level Contributor
7 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Sharm with a 19mth old

Hi can anyone help? We will be taking our 19mth old to Sharm this year, our first holiday since he was born so I am totally clueless as to what & how much I am going to have to take for him.!

Can anyone help & advise me please? Tell me what you took?

Has anyone bought nappies in Sharm & if so were they any good (he's in UK size 4)?

I was thinking of taking some prepacked meals for him as I am worried about him getting an upset tum - Did anyone take food for their toddlers or was the food at the hotel/resort ok?

Thanks

Galashiels, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sharm with a 19mth old

Hi Shangalang

I would suggest buying your nappies before you leave, i know they can be bought after security at the airport to save on luggage weight. We took our 1 year old last October & whilst we were there we only seen very small sizes in pampers. We didn't take any food for our daughter she was quite happy with food from the hotel or restaurants if we were eating out of resort. I did find that her appetite wasn't as good as back home but i think this is more due to the heat than anything else. Hope this helps

Kirsty :)

Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sharm with a 19mth old

Hi We took our Grandson to Naama Bay in Mid April this year for 2 weeks. He was then 23 months (last free flight for him!)

My daughter took around a dozen nappies from the UK to keep him going, and we shopped for him when we got there - he's also a size 4 and we got a large bag of nappies which lasted the whole holiday. We also bought wipes, etc.,

My Grandson had breakfast at the hotel, there's a huge assortment..... we safely knew he'd manage cereals, and yoghurt with fruit. He isn't a huge eater, but we always had snacks, and fresh fruit for him if he got

hungry.

He accepted the local milk - cold in his bottle when he got tired (he always had it warm at home)..... so in all very easy.

If you have any more questions - just shout ;)

Level Contributor
7 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sharm with a 19mth old

Thanks ladies, am so clueless taking a holiday with him, am so used to just having things I need to hand...

Obviously, he will be in swim nappies most of the day, it will only be evenings/nights he needs nappies for so was only going to take a small pack of pampers & 1 pack of wipes. How expensive are wipes/nappies etc to buy locally?

It's so annoying as we don't have a luggage allowance for him, yet he is going to need more stuff than us, don't want to run out of things but don't want to overpack & have excess weight either...

Reassuring about the food etc thank you.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
479 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sharm with a 19mth old

Not done sharm but when we travelled in the past with our son we stocked up at boots airside.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
3,530 posts
212 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sharm with a 19mth old

I agree with valefan, top up with your son's needs at Boots airside, use your advantage card too and collect points!

Make sure you take some caps/hats for him, take a parasol for his buggy, nappy cream too (it is cheaper in UK than Eire!!) as that can be expensive abroad, so I suspect will be dear in Sharm.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
680 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sharm with a 19mth old

You can phone Boots airside with your order so that you will know that they will have the items.

Level Contributor
7 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sharm with a 19mth old

Thanks for all this advise ladies! Will call Boots airside & organise my shopping.!

London, England...
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Sharm with a 19mth old

I have travelled with babies from 4 months upwards every year to egypt. My children are now 4 and 6. I like to take for all and every occasion rather than rely on getting when I am there but do know that most things can be bought in the chemists and hyper markets etc. I still take some food things away for mine in case of getting upset bellies I.e fruit pots, wheatabix and other snacks such as sweets. Check with your travel provider because thomsons give extra 10 kg for children under 2 on top of buggy allowance. Always worth paying for extra kilos beforehand so don't get stung at airport. Lots of things I found handy for babies, bug net for evenings when asleep in buggy would be recommended and cotton sheet as some indoor areas can be quite chilly with a/c. Milton wipes to sterilise utensils and high chairs etc, any questions feel free to ask x

9. Re: Sharm with a 19mth old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2014, 07:16