We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost for a taxi between nabq and on el seid hill

London, United...
Level Contributor
633 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Cost for a taxi between nabq and on el seid hill

Hi! I am going to book for viva sharm and wanted to book for a few days stay at an aquapark. The aqua blu is closer to me I'm on el seid but the park inn is cheaper for a three night stay. How much roughly would it cost in a taxi and how far away is it please?!

Thanks

Maz

Redhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
4,026 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost for a taxi between nabq and on el seid hill

Well,the "fixed by government" price on a white bonnet taxi (local) is LE55, about £5. It used to be a hassle getting it for this price but since things have got a bit tight in Egypt it has been a lot easier,you may still find a few drivers who want way more than this fare,mainly outside of remote hotels,but most of them have realised that times have changed and they must change with them and getting a ride for the right price has become a lot easier.

London, United...
Level Contributor
633 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost for a taxi between nabq and on el seid hill

Great thanks Mr.Small! I can go ahead and book now! I'm great at haggling even in the heat! Such a shame politics and greed are ruining a great country! Glad to see I won't be paying anymore than £5 very lucky ;)

Redhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
4,026 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost for a taxi between nabq and on el seid hill

Just stick to your guns,tell them that it's all you have got,take it or leave it and that should do the trick.Be aware that the hotel staff may get involved and stick up for the taxi driver who may be friends of his.

London, United...
Level Contributor
633 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost for a taxi between nabq and on el seid hill

Hhaha ok great thanks for the advice ;) will try the walking away trick!

Thanks for the advice wish I could go now!

Sharm El Sheikh...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost for a taxi between nabq and on el seid hill

Maximum you should pay to go anywhere in Sharm is 60EGP. If the driver doesn't take it, there are waaaayyyy to many more that would be willing to take the fair price. Better to go for the taxis that are driving on the street instead of the ones waiting as the waiters are the ones looking for the jackpot. hahaha!

London, United...
Level Contributor
450 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cost for a taxi between nabq and on el seid hill

I am back to the om el sied hill area (o.c.hotel) in nov/dec,and i`ve walked,and got on hotel mini bus,and tour bus,but never taxi,so this time i`m going to get me a TAXI,"yeeha"! so should i walk away from the hotel,and keep walking,and wait for the BEEP,BEEP, and the cheeky chappie to ask me, if i want a better deal?,-mungled

Sharm El Sheikh...
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cost for a taxi between nabq and on el seid hill

Blue microbuses are also an option. Maximum 3LE anywhere in Sharm on the main road. You could ask to be taken off the main road, but that could cost you another 5-10LE and some upset co-passengers who have to go on the extended ride. The hand signs are useful for flagging them down when going from Om el Said Hill towards Nabq as some go only to Naama and some only go to Nabq. Pointing down if you are going to Naama. And waving at head level as if you are saying hi if you are going to Nabq.

Edited: 23 June 2013, 12:38
London, United...
Level Contributor
450 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cost for a taxi between nabq and on el seid hill

thanks khadija,i`ve been offered the mini bus before,but was on walk a bout ,to el fanar and declined,he wanted 5le(,in hurghada),le2, i just put out my hand,and off i went,. Now this hand pointing down to naama,and waving high for nabq,sounds great,it now has to be done,a few vodkas, me on the side of the road,a silly english man doing strange dance actions,can`t wait for the return journey from naama.thanks-mungled

London, United...
Level Contributor
633 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cost for a taxi between nabq and on el seid hill

Hey Khadija, that's really helpful and exactly the tactics I would use! Guess they see tourists miles off and I will make sure I take a wander down the road before I get a taxi. The microbes sounds like a cool option, I try to use public transport when I'm on holiday, sounds like the same system in brazil. But I'm worried that if we need to take a detour and I give the name of the hotel http://www.parkinn.com/resort-sharmelsheikh I may end up somewhere else?! Is the destination in Arabic on the front of the bus/ bus stop, as it might just go to the general area if they don't really know where I mean. How much extra for a detour roughly or does it depend on the detour?!

I will be travelling from this hotel so need to find the busstop in the right direction if there is one?!

My hotel is in motel street in sharm,

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g297555-d6272… and there is only a po box for the park inn! ;)

Thanks for the advice so far! Going to look at things off the beaten track now as I want to go to Jordan and the Dead Sea too.!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
633 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cost for a taxi between nabq and on el seid hill

Sorry you did say how much the detour is ;)

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh