We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is it ok to still holiday in sharm el sheikh

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
8 posts
Save Topic
is it ok to still holiday in sharm el sheikh

just wondered if anybody could tell me if sharm el sheikh is affected by anthing going on in eygpt at the moment as me and my boyfriend are going over there beginning of september

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
793 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is it ok to still holiday in sharm el sheikh

Hi Bella

We are also their at the same time. I have never been before but know lots of people who have. Firstly Sharm is a very long way from Cairo where the main trouble is.Think of it like this if their were demonstrations in Scotland, and you were in Cornwall,would you be worried ? Secondly at present their is no problem about travelling to Sharm according to the Foreign Office. At any sign of a problem they would advise us not to travel and your holiday company would give you a refund.Thirdly September is a way off yet, so just keep watching the news and see how things progress.I am sure we will be fine and have a great holiday

Accrington, United...
Level Contributor
1,695 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is it ok to still holiday in sharm el sheikh

We are travelling in August and aren't worried in the slightest and agree in what lookie has said.

I have pasted what it says from the gov.uk website : In view of the continued unrest and uncertain political situation in Egypt, the FCO recommends against all but essential travel to Egypt EXCEPT for resorts on the Red Sea in South Sinai and those resorts on the Egyptian mainland in Red Sea governorate.

In the governorate of South Sinai the FCO advise against all but essential travel, with the exception of the Red Sea Resorts including those in the entire region of Sharm el Sheikh.

https:/…egypt

I hope this puts your mind at rest.

Nichola

Ramsey, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is it ok to still holiday in sharm el sheikh

Were going next Saturday and not worried :)

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
230 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is it ok to still holiday in sharm el sheikh

I don't think anyone travelling to Sharm has anything to worry about; it's a long way from the unrest; and none of it is aimed at visitors, who continue to be welcomed by the Egyptian people.

5. Re: is it ok to still holiday in sharm el sheikh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 July 2013, 00:35
6. Re: is it ok to still holiday in sharm el sheikh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh