We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

robbed safe case

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Czech Republic
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
robbed safe case

Is it normal - robbed safe case in the room by staff?

hartlepool
Level Contributor
767 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: robbed safe case

Not sure what you mean by robbed safe case? Do you mean the safe or the suitcase?

Not sure if its the norm in Sharm as it will be our 1st visit but weve had clothes actually taken from the hotel wardrobe in Lanzarote & Cuba!!

Only place weve always felt safe security/clothes etc was Antalya.

Czech Republic
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: robbed safe case

I mean the room safe deposit case. We were recommended to put there money and so on. But they had the universal key from that, as they admitted.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: robbed safe case

Difficult to prove but how unfortunate for you. The safe we had had a digital code.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
100 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: robbed safe case

susanjll, there is always a way that hotel staff can override the system, particularly with the digital ones. After all, what if you leave for good, but leave the safe locked? They have to have a way to open it.

London
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: robbed safe case

I have a safe at home and put in my own 4 digit code, but I also have an override key which you will get with any safe you purchase and get access with this key. So I assume this is the case in your room. I also think the safes in sharm are the same as if someone puts in their combination and forgets to re-set it then the hotel need to put in a safe code and use the key. Don't forget the hotels must have an overrider key otherwise people just leaving their safes shut will cause all matter of problems.. But I do know that there is an override number for these safes, as I said we have one at home and all you need to do is enter the original number or use the key that is supplied with the safe and of course you can then re-set the number for future.

Czech Republic
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: robbed safe case

It had a digital code and a small hole for a passkey. When some visitor forgets the code, they do it.

London
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: robbed safe case

Read my review above.

London
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: robbed safe case

As I said above, if you forget the code or put it in wrongly, then you need the override key, which will open the safe regardless. So as I confirmed the hotel will have the master key if you tap in the wrong code, they will of course need to open the safe for you and future travellers. This system is not fail save and will only let you open the safe with your own code and secondly with the owners main key. No one else can get in the safe without your code and the owners key.

London
Level Contributor
1,452 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: robbed safe case

What place are/was you staying?

Czech Republic
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply