We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recent Troubles in Egypt

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
swansea
Level Contributor
100 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Recent Troubles in Egypt

Hi Guys, we are all booked u for a holiday at the Savoy Hotel in Sharm in September, but to be honest due to the recent problems we are a bit dubious about whether or not we have made the right decision about booking, my wife is starting to get very worried, and I must admit I am somewhat concerned, anyone know if there is any form of disruption or problems in the sharm area relating to the present political problems, thanks guys.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recent Troubles in Egypt

from the forums it seems sharm has had small amount of demos in town but that is more or less it...

but more rallies in red sea resorts are expected

some hotels have told guests to stay in hotels...

not sure what trips you can go on, Cairo is def a no no.

the Monastry at St Catherines the FCO says was ok to visit from sharm on last update...

Doncaster, United...
Destination Expert
for Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,188 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recent Troubles in Egypt

Hi

Lots of posts on the same subject ! Can only say I got home this morning and saw nothing other than lots of good humoured flag waving and horn pipping Friday night! Your hotel is in the soho square area that has been absolutely packed this week while naama much quieter than usual so I think tourists are staying in hotels or soho which is more an extension of the savoy anyway for a bit more reassurance. Easy for me up say I know but as long as the advice from FCO doesn't change before your trip I would say go and enjoy :)

3. Re: Recent Troubles in Egypt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh
Recent Conversations