We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquito repellent

Level Contributor
12 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Mosquito repellent

I have read various threads on mosquitos I believe the spray called "off" is the best repellant can anyone tell me were to purchase here in the uk. Also we are staying in the sea gardens resort has anyone any experiences staying there with bites or if they smoke the hotel ?? Thanks in advance !!

colchester
Level Contributor
438 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosquito repellent

Haven't heard of that one, but we take jungle formula - tropical strength. About £9 in boots or superdrug but £2.99 in Savers.

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
426 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mosquito repellent

Off is a product I grew up using in America. In the 11 years I have lived in the UK, I have only been able to find it on eBay or Amazon. I have always picked it up when 'home' as it is not readily available in the UK. With that said, my mom always sprayed Avon's Skin So Soft on us and it almost always worked. I have bought some for our trip next week to Sharm.

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
3,402 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mosquito repellent

You can buy OFF made by Johnson and Johnson on Amazon but it's cheaper to buy it when you get there from any pharmacy. If you are prone to mozzie bites, a DEET based repellent such as OFF is the only thing that is truly effective.

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mosquito repellent

tesco do their own brand bug spray and the extra strong one is 50% Deet, ive never tried it before but will be road testing it in sharm in two weeks time!

NE UK
Level Contributor
609 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mosquito repellent

For years I used Supedrugs own brand buzz-off, daft name but it certainly worked for me. Not available now but I've found Mosi Guard to be a good replacement. Only found it on Amazon tho'. I find the stick type easier to apply and it's long lasting. Good luck.

6. Re: Mosquito repellent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh