We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it safe to travel to Sharm El Sheik? I made booking :-(

M G
Medina, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Is it safe to travel to Sharm El Sheik? I made booking :-(

Is Sharm El Sheik safe to travel too? I'm going next week staying at Four Seasons Hotel at Sharks Bay. Its my wedding Anniversary my first one too!

Are hotels secured by tight security? I dont want to cancel my booking :(

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,258 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it safe to travel to Sharm El Sheik? I made booking :-(

Hi,

There are many otherthreads asking just that. Please x-refer:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297555-i9225-k6…

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294200-i9124-k6…

I'm afraid that people can't give you any more secific answers than are on those threads.

You need to watch & check with your own Foreign Office alerts & your own travel insurance.

Regards

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor, Nile River Valley, Egypt
Level Contributor
9,765 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it safe to travel to Sharm El Sheik? I made booking :-(

Isn't 3 posts all the same a bit over the top?

You can delete your own duplicate posts - click 'report inappropriate' and then 'delete my post'

But there are already far too many 'is it safe' posts you could write on rather than create more

M G
Medina, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it safe to travel to Sharm El Sheik? I made booking :-(

I have made my bookings threw the hotel. I don't think they have any insurance.

colchester
Level Contributor
451 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it safe to travel to Sharm El Sheik? I made booking :-(

Insurance is purchased by the individual not the hotel

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
229 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it safe to travel to Sharm El Sheik? I made booking :-(

Most probably it will be safe inside the hotel grounds ( unless the situation deteriorates really fast after today's events ) the safety issues will be mainly limited to the streets and public areas. The next 48 hours will be critical on how things will evolve. So, keep an eye on news coverage for Sinai

6. Re: Is it safe to travel to Sharm El Sheik? I made booking :-(

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 14 August 2013, 22:31
Grimsby
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it safe to travel to Sharm El Sheik? I made booking :-(

Hi hope you are ok.

I have been worrying the same as you due to me going at the end of the month ,

i emailed the Foreign Office because i was worried today and i just revceived this email.

i hope it helps as it has made me feel alot better as they know best :)

Thank you for your email.

We are keeping our travel advice for Egypt under close and constant review. At present we don’t advise against travel to the Red Sea resorts because we judge that the level of risk to British nationals there is below the level at which we would advise against travel. The situation in the resort areas has been almost entirely calm and there are high levels of security.

If we did decide that the level of risk to British nationals in the Red Sea resorts had risen to an unacceptably high level we would advise against travel. I recommend that you subscribe to email alerts for updates to the Egypt travel advice.

Our travel advice aims to provide objective information and advice to help you make better-informed decisions about foreign travel. Any decision to travel to, stay in or leave a country is for you to take on your own responsibility on the basis of the best available information from our travel advice and other sources.

Best wishes

Travel Advice Team

Consular Directorate

Foreign & Commonwealth Office

8. Re: Is it safe to travel to Sharm El Sheik? I made booking :-(

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 19:19
hartlepool
Level Contributor
767 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is it safe to travel to Sharm El Sheik? I made booking :-(

Cheryl

What was the alleged planned attack on Sharm?

Havnt heard of this.

London
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Is it safe to travel to Sharm El Sheik? I made booking :-(

We're going there too (four seasons) next week where are you flying from?

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh