We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson Cancellation - Charges??

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
14 posts
Save Topic
Thomson Cancellation - Charges??

Due to the unrest in Egypt, will thompson still take 70+% if we cancel the holiday?

Is there anyway round this. i was looking forward to the holiday aswell

Regards

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson Cancellation - Charges??

you need to call them, as things are changing rapidly...they just maybe responsive to individual cases to amend your hol

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson Cancellation - Charges??

If they are not advising you not to travel I think the answer to your question is yes but best to contact them direct.

Kent
Level Contributor
6,165 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson Cancellation - Charges??

depends when your due to go also, and what the FCO say, glad i don't have to make that choice at the mo

Edited: 14 August 2013, 21:53
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
737 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomson Cancellation - Charges??

No they won't refund you. The fco are saying south Sinai resorts are fine sharm etc so unless they advise against all travel cancelling will mean loosing money. Sharm is a long way from Cairo don't be put off

Scotland
Level Contributor
131 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomson Cancellation - Charges??

Unless the fco advise against travel to sharm then as far as thomson are concerned there is no reason to refund your holiday costs. Cairo is a long way from sharm, hope things settle down and that you enjoy your holiday. Sharm is a superb holiday destination.

2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomson Cancellation - Charges??

I would not hold your breath on that one. They are a ruthless shower when it comes to money.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomson Cancellation - Charges??

I agree that Sharm is a lovely place for a holiday but right now to be under curfew for however long, that's not a holiday and Thomson should either refund or switch your holiday. However as Trevor mentioned about they can be ruthless and inflexible at best. Wish you luck.

Kent
Destination Expert
for Egypt
Level Contributor
4,452 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomson Cancellation - Charges??

I don't think it's a case of being ruthless, it's simply a case of adhering to the terms and conditions you agreed to when you booked the holiday.

Unfortunately without rules, chaos rules!!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomson Cancellation - Charges??

they are known to be open to individual cases...worth a shot of course.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thomson Cancellation - Charges??

Highly unlikely. As others said if there are is a curfew then it may ruin your holiday. However until the FCO advise against all travel then Thomson (as long as other tour operators) will not give you a full refund

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh