We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cancelled my holiday

uk
Level Contributor
25 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
cancelled my holiday

Was going to Sharm on November 13 but with the trouble cancelled. With the admin charge it wwas £150 each that we lost. Thomas Cook thank you. Now booked for a peace of mind Lanzarote.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada, Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai
Level Contributor
3,823 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cancelled my holiday

Lanzarote eh? But what about the high winds and the scratch card con artists and all the goats cheese...yuck... :)

Seriously though, you have done what has made you feel better and thats what matters. Some would have held on and hoped all will be okay but peace of mind is a great thing and i'm sure you will have a fab time.

Egypt will still be there next holiday.

hartlepool
Level Contributor
767 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cancelled my holiday

Least TC let you cancel, ive been on phone all morning trying to change with no luck, apparently its because i'm going Wednesday and according to them its safe lol.

Well done getting changed.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cancelled my holiday

We are heading out at the end of Oct to Sharm,unless TC cancel holidays,we will still be going.

Newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
107 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cancelled my holiday

I am going to Sharm on 13th November on my own and I also was in two minds about cancelling but I think the £150.00 is excessive so at the moment I am hanging on to see what happens.

manchester
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cancelled my holiday

Fly out Thursday 22/8 can't wait , having been to Egypt 4 times I know Sharm will be safe, its their diamond and they won't let it be tarnished, but as stated "peace of Mind is a great thing", happy hols

Newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
107 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cancelled my holiday

Does anyone know that if you can cancel for a cheaper holiday to this would offset the £150 admin charge. I have just found one where I would only have an extra £8.00 as the holiday is £142 cheaper than I paid for Egypt

uk
Level Contributor
25 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cancelled my holiday

Yes that's what we did. Ours was cheaper so instead of the £150 it worked out at £121.

By the way. Thanks for the replies.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cancelled my holiday

It wont be long until others join you:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23730016

Its only a matter of time before UK does the same.. A number of european countries have now stopped sending people to Egypt (including Sharm).

London
Level Contributor
869 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cancelled my holiday

Going in October, unless things change significantly there is no reason to cancel at all in my opinion.

hartlepool
Level Contributor
767 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cancelled my holiday

Wish they would just hurry up & pull the plug on us going soon!

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh