We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trouble in egypt

Which Sharm El Sheikh hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
trouble in egypt

Travelling to Sharm in october, i know government are saying its fine but but other countries, ie germany are advising against holidaying in sharm, I have 4 weeks to decide should I leave it for our government to decide or pay £200 to change it, also cant find a similar priced holiday to change it to so will have to either pay more on top of the 200 or have a lessor holiday and still pay 200 for admin charges.

Dalgety Bay, United...
Level Contributor
795 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: trouble in egypt

I also went to Luxor one June and it was so good we booked to go back the next year.We did still go btw as I was younger and more determined not to let terrorists have their way.It was pretty deserted and we had the new and old Winter Palace between 17 of us.No sunbed problem as the whole pool was ours till about 1pm.Nobody really knows why the maniacs do these attacks and nobody knows when they will but the standard approach to making a point seems to be blowing up tourists.

Now though I'm older and less happy to take mad risks.It should really be the other way I suppose.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: trouble in egypt

But a country that's income is largely made of tourism will do anything to make sure it's not affected

London, United...
Level Contributor
607 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: trouble in egypt

---

But a country that's income is largely made of tourism will do anything to make sure it's not affected

---

Hasn't happened so far because most of Europe and all of the USA ain't going to Egypt.

These people that fight on the streets don't care about tourism.

Scotland, Maryland
8 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: trouble in egypt

Italy have started to evacuate their people now from Sharm.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: trouble in egypt

Maybe other countries are over reacting abit

Scotland, Maryland
8 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: trouble in egypt

I think its more they are protecting their citizens!!!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
607 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: trouble in egypt

It's a tough decision to make. When to tell people not to travel.

One thing for sure.... you don't do it when it is too late, especially after the circumstances that happened this week in Cairo and other cities. Bit difficult to then say that it came as a surprise....

Edited: 18 August 2013, 21:37
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: trouble in egypt

There hasn't been anything done towards British tourists in sharm .

The report about the Russian bus might have more to do with the nationality not that they are tourists

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: trouble in egypt

They won't let tourism be affected!

You should have been in Sharm airport last night when the Italians were being evacuated or when the hotel staff were telling you that their hotel (which was only 30% full anyway) were not getting a third of that 30% due to the Germans not sending tourists out!

A sad time for Egypt!

London, United...
Level Contributor
607 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: trouble in egypt

ALewis78

So you're saying that the FCO advise should only change once English tourists have been harmed?

Edited: 18 August 2013, 21:41
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh