We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone making new bookings for 2014

Level Contributor
465 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone making new bookings for 2014

Hi all,

We came back from Sharm last week after our 3rd return.

We have booked for Hurghada for August next year we booked that in April and it is almost paid off so we were hoping to squeeze in a holiday for Easter - Never had 2 holidays in a year before so very excited!!

We booked Hughada because our adult daughter and Grandson are coming with us and because we know Sharm so well now we wanted to experience somewhere new together so the whole experience would be new for us all.

I have been looking at lots of destinations Turkey - Cyprus - Canaries etc but to be honest none of them compare to Sharm for us. We had friends who went to Sharm a few years ago and when we were first thinking of booking there 3 years ago they said be warned once you holiday in Egypt nowhere else will really come into your radar.

We have found this to be true!

Has anyone else recently booked for next year - I know Egypt nor us will know what is going to happen over the next few weeks/months with all what is happening there and I know that if tourists were stopped from travelling then we could change a booking to somewhere else but we just absolutely love it there and are so tempted to book....

Anyone else booked yet for next year?

Thanks in advance.

El Sherif Safari
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Falcon Adventure
Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Safaris, Sightseeing Tours
Sharm Wonders - Day Tours
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Safaris, Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Swim with Dolphins
Book Tour Egypt
Sightseeing Tours, Air Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Safaris, Swim with Dolphins
nottingham england
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone making new bookings for 2014

We have booked to go back to the Sierra in Feb.got a good deal on their website.love Egypt.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
150 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone making new bookings for 2014

We are in the process of booking for Sunrise Royal, Makadi Bay next July/August. It was our first time to Egypt this year and yes we have the bug. I love Egypt is has everything me need from a holiday. We have been too many places and nothing compares to Egypt. You get so much more for your money. They are the nicest people you will ever meet and so proud to be Egyptians. Can’t wait and if we could I would love to go later this year :-)

Level Contributor
6,821 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone making new bookings for 2014

i've booked flights for jan as it's my birthday and it ticks my boxes, mainly the weather. also for the cost you get more than some other places which don't get the weather, do like the canaries but can't trust the weather in jan

London, England...
Level Contributor
215 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone making new bookings for 2014

I have booked 2 flights for this year and 3 for next year, we love the place.

1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone making new bookings for 2014

We've booked to go to Sharm next May and are slightly worried about all the trouble out there - We have an interim payment due this weekend coming and then the balance due in Feb 2014 - as far as we're aware, we can amend the holiday between now and Feb but will check at the weekend. If we have to make a decision this weekend we'll probably choose to amend just to be safe :(

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone making new bookings for 2014

In regards to any worries about egypt being unsafe, any reputable package travel company e.g. Thomas Cook, Thomson, First Choice, Co-Op etc would be required to provide you with an alternative holiday or full refund should the Foreign Office deem Egypt as un-safe to travel to at any time.

As far as i know, if you decide to change your holiday without any advice from the Foreign Office saying it is unsafe to travel, you will be charged an amendment fee, usually per person, per change.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,400 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone making new bookings for 2014

Will have to watch & wait!

s wales
Level Contributor
571 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone making new bookings for 2014

There are six grown ups we will be returning to CML next May and am not in the least bit worried about the troubles. We have been in Sharm when there were previous riots and during the shark attacks and have never encountered any problems locally. Although short of tourists during both of these times!

Langholm, United...
Level Contributor
85 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone making new bookings for 2014

We have been going to Egypt for years will never go back until it all settles down

Doncaster, United...
Destination Expert
for Nabq Bay, Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,203 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone making new bookings for 2014

Each to their own but im just waiting for next summers Easy Jet flights to be released and i ll be booking to go back.

A friend who lives in Belguim was supposed to be flying in a couple of weeks to Sharm but her flight was cancelled at the height of the tension on advice from their foreign office and she was given a full refund. They have just started flights back up again so she booked yesterday to go back mid september and ended up paying more money than her original flight :)

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now