We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are Easy jet still flying to Sharm?

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Are Easy jet still flying to Sharm?

We are booked to fly on Oct 10th.

Kos
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are Easy jet still flying to Sharm?

I hope so, but I am not going til 25th November....would check their web site if I were you.

Barry, United...
Level Contributor
569 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are Easy jet still flying to Sharm?

got 5 seats on 9th december and have had no emails saying its cancelled.

Burnley, United...
Level Contributor
240 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are Easy jet still flying to Sharm?

I saw 3 flying over yesterday and new guests came to our Hotel from the Gatwick and Luton flights.

Nottingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,954 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are Easy jet still flying to Sharm?

We are due to fly with Easyjet from Luton on Sept 26th.....had read on this forum that they were now offering the chance to cancel for any customers who were nervous and wanted to cancel or choose an alternate destination. Ths worried us as thought if say 50% of people choose to cancel/ change where would that leave us who still want to travel assuming FCO say it's OK......would Easyjet really send a plane half full or even less???? So, I phoned yesterday and was told they still plan on flying at the moment and will only change this if FCO advice changes. I was also told we could cancel if we were within 4 weeks of travel for a full refund. Doesn't fill me with confidence that the plane will actually go now for commercial reasons. Suspect they will probably cut the flights from almost daily to perhaps 1 or 2 a week bumping people to an alternate flight. Which would mess the hotel booking as we booked separately. Suppose all we can do is wait and see.

Swansea
Level Contributor
2,025 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are Easy jet still flying to Sharm?

Intersting post Lynda, we also fly on the 26th & like you I am worried that if lots of people cancel & get refunds the plane will not fly as it will not be profitable.

Unless the FCO stops UK tourist going to Sharm I will be there..

Regards Bridge

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
126 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Are Easy jet still flying to Sharm?

Interesting this... I'm not sure how it works as in that scenario the flight wouldn't be profitable, but they also have a duty to run the flight as it doesn't only serve to take people out, but also bring people home.

dundee
Level Contributor
373 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are Easy jet still flying to Sharm?

I have also booked separately and hope easyjet don't cut back flights

dundee
Level Contributor
373 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Are Easy jet still flying to Sharm?

I have also booked separately and hope easyjet don't cut back flights

London, England...
Level Contributor
215 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Are Easy jet still flying to Sharm?

If easy jet do not fly they could lose their take off and landing slots. They will keep flying to keep them

U.K.
Level Contributor
1,239 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Are Easy jet still flying to Sharm?

We are flying with them tomorrow and there are not many seats showing as still available.

Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh