We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sharm in December

London, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Sharm in December

Hi

I am looking into my December holiday and am thinking of going to Sharm.

How is Sharm in December? Sites say average temps are 21-25, but does it feel hotter? what is the sea like this time of year?

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers

Andy

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,186 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sharm in December

Hi,

Those temps are in the shade. It's a nice time of year to visit, even though the sunbathing hours are 8.30-4pm (dark by 5.30-6pm). We always find it hot enough. There are plenty of people in the sea too.

Regards

Barry, United...
Level Contributor
560 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sharm in December

offical temps are taken at midday in the shade 6 ft off the ground to minimise reflected heat.last year in early december it reached 78 to 80 most days around the pool in the sun,did drop off quick after 4.00pm

Bridgend, United...
Level Contributor
452 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sharm in December

When I go to Sharm its usually December when we go hot enough to sunbathe and get a great winter tan

High Wycombe...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sharm in December

We are all different, so hard to advise but.. I've been to Sharm at virtually every time of year. December is lovely during the day 23/25 degrees but the temperature does drop to 12/15 degrees at night. That sounds lovely (for the UK) but it feels colder when it's been so warm during the day. Take a cardi/fleece & long linen trousers to save feeling the drop off. Sea temp mid/high teens so still nice for diving/snorkelling (though might want a short suit if you're prone to the cold).

Gloucestershire.
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sharm in December

Love Sharm in December - great to get away for some WARMTH, constant sunshine, and lovely hospitality ;)

we go over Christmas..... have several daily dips in the sea, and come home with a great tan ;)

6. Re: Sharm in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Sharm El Sheikh