We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Insurance

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,168 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Insurance

Does anyone know of any company that still include Sharm in their European policy?

My current insurance Staysure dont include Sharm and we would love to return at the end of November.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
680 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Insurance

Insure and go give them a try

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,168 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Insurance

I was insured with them before Staysure and changed because they stopped including Sharm and Tunisa being covered in their European insurance.

Maybe they have changed their underwriter so will give them a ring.

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
680 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Insurance

Really I thought as long as the country was on the med coast it was covered as non-European will have to check with them tomorrow coz I bought mine the other week.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,168 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Insurance

That was the criteria but I think it changed after the revolutions a couple of years ago.

Some are now not even including Turkey in their European insurance.

Its just worldwide is so much more expensive as it usually includes the US which puts the price up.

Edited: 05 October 2013, 20:45
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,486 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Insurance

Lots of worldwide polices give the choice to exclude the USA and Caribbean. You usually have to pay more to include them.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel Insurance

Sharm is on the Red sea, not the Med!!

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
680 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel Insurance

Yes I know sharm isn't on the med but Egypt is , I was covered in July and did have to use it and everything was o.k

There are some exclusions such as Libya can't think of the others but Egypt was included, anyway I'll phone tomorrow and see what they say.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
832 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel Insurance

Try LV as I have found them very competitive for Travel insurance even for us older people. I think they include Egypt with Europe.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,168 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel Insurance

LibbysMUM,when you bought your insurance did they tell you it was a European policy?

Its just my friend who has just recently returned was sold a Worldwide policy when she was asked her destination.

When I changed from Insure and Go to Staysure they had the same underwriter yet Staysure still included Tunisia and Insure and Go didnt.Both excluded Sharm.This was in August 2011.

I would love to return to Sharm so will try and sort insurance out on Monday.

Edited: 05 October 2013, 22:16
Northumberland
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel Insurance

Go onto the insure and go web site, click FAQ its on the very top of the page. Then top row third Colum destinations and regions its in orange writing. what area dose Egypt come under. It tells you Europe. But please have a look your self do not take my word for it. I have all ways used insure and go. It gives me every thing I need but I have never had a claim so you only know how good a policy is until you have. I have health issues, I have had cancer and there price is affordable. That's in my opinion.